cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Question regarding Codebeamer tracker "Description" field

PB_10591212
4-Participant

Question regarding Codebeamer tracker "Description" field

Hello,

An issue that we are running into is that due to the Description field on trackers being of the “wikitext” type and being able to contain formatting/fonts/tables within it, it causes formatting issues in exported documents. We previously got around this by including a table in the template which stopped the formatting information from the description fields from having an effect, but we can no longer include this due to an issue with velocity macros we are using in our template.

Could you look tell me if it’s possible for to change the type of Description field from “wikitext” to the standard “text” type in Codebeamer?

I went to the specific tracker and clicked Configure > Fields but this field cannot be deleted or edited.

Wiki.png

I tried to create a new custom field from type "text" but still this Wikitext Description field cannot be hidden and I'm not sure if I'm missing something.
Changed the label from the Wikitext field from "Description" to "Description (old)" but still the new field cannot have the label "Description".

description_new.png

Can you help me with this?

Thank you so much

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

the short answer:

Works by design.

The longer answer:

Description field is a built in predefined field (it is mandatory by default) and some part of the program code logic is based on its settings.

You cannot change the type of, you cannot delete, or hide it.

You may open an Improvement idea for your issue here:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Codebeamer-Ideas/idb-p/codebeamerideas

So the product owners can prioritize and plan the related tasks.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello,

the short answer:

Works by design.

The longer answer:

Description field is a built in predefined field (it is mandatory by default) and some part of the program code logic is based on its settings.

You cannot change the type of, you cannot delete, or hide it.

You may open an Improvement idea for your issue here:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Codebeamer-Ideas/idb-p/codebeamerideas

So the product owners can prioritize and plan the related tasks.

Announcements

Top Tags