cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Unlock items when closing browser

Ran
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

Unlock items when closing browser

The company I work for develops several types of software.

I provide help with using CodeBeamer.
Responsible for everything from simple instructions on how to use them to contacting PTC for answers to complex issues.

If a user closes the browser while editing an item, the item will be locked and cannot be edited for the duration of the user's session.

It is common to close the browser without properly ending editing. In this case, users think that the content being edited will not be reflected and will end (editing will end), but in reality, not only will editing end, but editing by other users will also be blocked.

This is a kind of careless mistake.

But it happens more often than you might think.
When a user closes the browser and leaves, other users have to wait a long time to edit that item. This wastes unnecessary time for the user.

Even more so since the session time cannot be reduced to less than 1 hour.

If you close the browser in Edit Mode, is there a way to unlock the item?

2 REPLIES 2
AS_10932076
5-Regular Member
(To:Ran)

I can attest to this issue. It happens a lot and because the company I work for is global, sometimes the person isn't even working anymore and they just close their pc without logging out or closing a browser. It's frustrating to say the least.

alfonso_c
12-Amethyst
(To:Ran)

Hi @Ran , there could be other ways to handle this issue, I am sharing just an idea to remediate it once it happens: a user with permission to execute REST API calls could unlock the item with the DELETE /v3/items/{itemId}/lock endpoint:

• <yourserver>/api/v3/swagger/editor.spr#/Tracker item/unlockTrackerItem
  • alfonso_c_0-1722494837122.png
Announcements

Top Tags