cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

A user reports that his embedded browser in Creo Parametric 2.0 disappears, running in Windows 7 pro

tjerome
9-Granite

A user reports that his embedded browser in Creo Parametric 2.0 disappears, running in Windows 7 pro

The user cannot get his workspaces to show up in the imbedded browser of Creo .He has tried clearing the cache, the temp files, and even going into C:\PTC\workspace and deleting the cache folder there (which in turn caused him to log back into the server). he does not have this problem on one of his laptops, but on another PC he experiences this problem. On the PC he can still go into server management and change workspaces and then open a file, but he cannot see anything in the imbedded browser. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:tjerome)

This happened to me recently,  I solved the issue, but I don't remember how exactly.

What I remember doing was:

open the embedded browser,

right-click on the toolbar - where the "home" icon is

select "customize browser"

click "Mozilla Browser Options"

click "Advanced", then offline storage - "Clear cache now".

At least, I think that's what worked.  Along the way, I may have clicked on every option that suggested "Clearing History / cache / cookies" etc...

But I do remember that I didn't have to mess around with the creo/windchill workspace cache.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
dnordin
15-Moonstone

Tim,

By disappear, do you mean that the embedded browser goes completely black?  If so, we had the same problem with some users on some machines.

We could not determine the cause, but the solution was to open a new tab in the embedded browser, hit the home button, and the home page would come up.  You can then go to the WS, CS, etc.  The old, black browser tab can then be closed.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dan N.

tjerome
9-Granite
(To:dnordin)

Hello Dan

thank you for replying. No it is not a black screen its a screen without a workspace being  populated. When the user opens the new tab and hits home he can see his Products, but when he goes to his Common folders to the left menu, and clicks on workspace its blank.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

When we upgraded to windchill 10.2 m030, I (and other users) had this issue more often. Sometimes if you hit the refresh button (not workspace refresh but browser refresh), it would display. I changed my embedded browser option to chrome and I don't remember having it since. It also solved an issue of not being able to search sometimes.

Config.pro option:

windows_browser_type chromium_browser

Try that and see if it helps.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Also, it might be related to using the Mozilla browser (that option went away in creo 3).

See Internal Browser error - Completely blank

rstraube
5-Regular Member

Tim,

You may want to try to change browser_limit_to_ie9_mode to yes, and make sure that windows_browser_type is set to ie_in_process in your config.pro.

We have had what sounds like a similiar problem and that corrected it for us.

Hopefully, it helps.

psobejko
12-Amethyst

This happened to me recently,  I solved the issue, but I don't remember how exactly.

What I remember doing was:

open the embedded browser,

right-click on the toolbar - where the "home" icon is

select "customize browser"

click "Mozilla Browser Options"

click "Advanced", then offline storage - "Clear cache now".

At least, I think that's what worked.  Along the way, I may have clicked on every option that suggested "Clearing History / cache / cookies" etc...

But I do remember that I didn't have to mess around with the creo/windchill workspace cache.

Paul that worked! Thank you for the illumination!

Top Tags