cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

AutoIt batch processing example (discussion)

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

AutoIt batch processing example (discussion)

Hi,

attached you can find the result of my todays exercise.

"Hot to use" information:
1.) create empty directory D:\PTC ... you need full access to this directory
2.) download Batch_Processing_2018-06-27.zip and save it to D:\PTC directory
3.) unzip Batch_Processing_2018-06-27.zip to get Batch_Processing sub-directory
4.) copy 1 line from config.pro file to your personal config.pro
5.) define environment variable MH_BATCH_PROCESSING and assign it the value D:\PTC\Batch_Processing
6.) launch Creo 2.0
7.) type dd to run mapkey
8.) mapkey dd starts batch_processing.exe
9.) batch_processing.exe collects the list of drawings located in working directory and displays it in Notepad
10.) user can remove unwanted files from the list and save modified file mylist.txt
11.) batch_processing.exe creates trail file mytrail.txt and plays it in Creo environment
12.) trail file creates PDF file for every drawing

Martin Hanák
7 REPLIES 7

@Fortitude444,

I am not sure If I remember your user name correctly. You can test my exercise result, if you want 🙂

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

I am sorry but here I need to do some remarks here  to your post.

If you share some thing with other users in the community - I do not think  that to share only the excutible files (here ziped the asyncronous toolkit program - exe) is the best approach. There are a lot of security reasons not to share executible file here in the community. PTC could not  issue a guarantee that it is secure!

So, if you want to help customers with your post you need more then  to share with the community also the source code / or the part of source code wich is is relevant to the issue.

So if you want to do some advirtising of some tool which your created , of course you can mention it here, but let it downlaod form other location which is outside the PTC area.

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Roland

@RolandRaytchev wrote:

Hi Martin,

I am sorry but here I need to do some remarks here  to your post.

If you share some thing with other users in the community - I do not think  that to share only the excutible files (here ziped the asyncronous toolkit program - exe) is the best approach. There are a lot of security reasons not to share executible file here in the community. PTC could not  issue a guarantee that it is secure!

So, if you want to help customers with your post you need more then  to share with the community also the source code / or the part of source code wich is is relevant to the issue.

So if you want to do some advirtising of some tool which your created , of course you can mention it here, but let it downlaod form other location which is outside the PTC area.

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Roland

Hi Roland,

I know that you are PTC Toolkit expert.  I did not know you were following the PTC Community website 🙂

If I understand you well, you mean that publishing my exercise results is forbidden.

Below you can find my answers to your remarks.

1.] I understand that publishing exe file is not good idea. I hope that next time I avoid it.

2.] Batch_Processing_2018-06-27.zip file contains batch_processing.au3 AutoIt source code.

Anyone can ignore the batch_processing.exe file and compile the batch_processing.au3 file using AutoIt software (see https://www.autoitscript.com).

3.] batch_processing application is AutoIt script ... application has nothing to do with PTC Toolkits

4.] I do not understand the meaning of following sentence.

5.] I am not doing any advertising in this discussion.

Have a nice day

Martin Hanák
Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi, @RolandRaytchev

@MartinHanak  has been a contributor to the PTC Community for a long time.  He is fully aware of our Terms of Service regarding file uploads and we have never had any issue with his submissions being corrupt.  

We also do not allow Spam on the community so his post is not considered an advertisement.  This is a useful post to help other users with AutoIt batch processing.  

I will be removing your comment and all the replies to Martin's helpful post in 24 hours as this is interrupting the flow of information and the purpose of this forum.

I appreciate you looking out for the community.  In the future, feel free to use "Notify Moderator" if you feel a post is against the Terms of Service.

Community Terms of Service Updated 5/30/2018 - PTC Community

File uploading

By uploading Content to the Communities, you warrant that you are not uploading viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other malicious, illegal, or unlawful code which is designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any software or hardware.

You may upload any file type to PTC Community to participate in particular discussion areas

sparulekar
14-Alexandrite

I tried the steps you mentioned above. When i press 'dd' mapkey the notepad which opens up does not show any drawing files(Notepad is blank). I have set the working directory whixh has about 4 drawing files in it.

I have the following questions regarding AutoIt:

1. Can this also be used to convert part files to STEP, PDF and DWG format?

2. Where can i get online resources to learn AutoIt?(im not a programmer)

3. After converting my part files to the required format, I need to change the name according to the REV no. and tool name. Is it possible to automate this using AutoIt so that i dont have  to manually change the names after creating the file in the required format?

Thanks in advance

@sparulekar wrote:

I tried the steps you mentioned above. When i press 'dd' mapkey the notepad which opens up does not show any drawing files(Notepad is blank). I have set the working directory whixh has about 4 drawing files in it.

I have the following questions regarding AutoIt:

1. Can this also be used to convert part files to STEP, PDF and DWG format?

2. Where can i get online resources to learn AutoIt?(im not a programmer)

3. After converting my part files to the required format, I need to change the name according to the REV no. and tool name. Is it possible to automate this using AutoIt so that i dont have  to manually change the names after creating the file in the required format?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

to be able to use the tool, you need some knowledge.

1.] AutoIt is programming tool, you can do anything you want with this tool

2.] https://www.autoitscript.com

3.] go back to https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/PTC-Creo-Distributed-Batch/m-p/596345/highlight/false#M24714

Martin Hanák
sparulekar
14-Alexandrite

Alright! Thanks a lotSmiley Happy

Top Tags