cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Automatic Lock on check in

ErikClacey
12-Amethyst

Automatic Lock on check in

When I check in a part or assembly to Windchill I want to ensure that the Lock (read only) is automatically reapplied. I've configured our set-up such that all objects are set as read-only when added to a workspace, but once it is unlocked, worked on and then checked in, it remains unlocked. I haven't found the option to "relock" on checkin.

Is there such a setting?

6 REPLIES 6

Hi, 

The lock status should return after the workspace has synchronized. We are using the same process for auto-locking in SolidWorks. It should work the same way for Creo.

Ty

Hi,

Thanks. Unfortunatelly that doesn't work for Creo. Maybe there's a setting the Windchill config to change this behavior. I'll have to go back digging.

We are using the lock option on Creo models and is working without issues.

Below is the preference that you need to set for this behavior.

manjunathrv_0-1598515626327.png

Thanks. Yes, I've set that parameter, which was a great improvement. However when you check a part back in to Windchill, it seems to remain unlocked in your workspace rather than automatically resetting it to locked again.

Ah now i understand what you meant.

you are right the objects wont be locked back after checkin.

And PTC has good answer for this question:

manjunathrv_0-1598517327494.png

Ahh ok, "good answer" 😉

Thanks

Top Tags