cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Change in model

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Change in model

Hello

Can we identify whether model (part, assembly or drawing) has changed or not? We don't want to do one on one comparison of all items and looking forward to some quick way of doing so through toolkit.
6 REPLIES 6

I would start to investigate here:

ProError ProMdlVerstampGet  (ProMdl      model,       ProWVerstamp *p_stamp);

ProError (*ProMdlRetrievePostAction) (ProModel *p_retrieved_mdl);

ProError ProMdlModificationVerify (ProMdl       model,   ProBoolean  *p_modified);

Connecting the ... must be done by yourself 🙂

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite
(To:RPN)

Thanks for response.

ProMdlModificationVerify would not work as we are sure that save has been clicked by user. I mean user can just change annotation , set back to main location and save it again. This might also be a scenario.

We are not sure about ProMdlVerstampGet as we are not working with windchill and might not be having worsksapce.

Could not get about your third point that is ProError (*ProMdlRetrievePostAction) (ProModel *p_retrieved_mdl);

Could you please elaborate more?

Thanks again for your response.

Regards

Ketan

@Ketan_Lalcheta wrote:

We are not sure about ProMdlVerstampGet as we are not working with windchill and might not be having worsksapce.

The version stamp object provides a way of keeping track of changes in a Creo
Parametric model to which your Creo Parametric TOOLKIT application may need
to respond. Creo Parametric models and features contain an internal version stamp incremented each time some design change is made to that model or feature.

I want to believe that is possible without Windchill. Did you test this?

Oh.Thanks for this. Will test once..

ProMdlVerstampGet  () is not depended on Windchill;

ProMdlRetrievePostAction() Use to init an array upon retrieval (keep/save/link/hash model against version and stamp)

Your note about ProMdlModificationVerify()  is not (always) true. With ProMdlDataGet () you get the version, which increments on each save and tells you that the model was saved.

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite
(To:RPN)

Guys, thanks a lot...

ProMdlVerstampGet  () worked and I am able to get different version for any modification using API ProVerstampStringGet().

Need to know two more thing: 

Where to save this string in model to check it in future?

What to be done for identifying what modification has been done in model

Many thanks for all who responded on this issue.

Regards

Ketan

Top Tags