cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Conditions needed to use full asyncronous mode???

sndong-mefane
5-Regular Member

Conditions needed to use full asyncronous mode???

Hello,

I am planning to use the CREO VB API to make an application that runs in full asynchronous mode.

as a first step I compiled the examples provided in the vb API folder (VB API Examples) with Visual Studio Community and ran them.

the Simple Asynchronous mode connects and  run perfectly. However, when i try to connect in Full Asynchronous, CREO starts and I get the error message shown in the attached file. After clicking OK in the error window, the "VB API Examples" Form is not loaded as expected and the connection form which is still visible becomes unresponsive. I have to shut-down CREO to get the connection form back.

Do we need an additional license to run in Full Asynchronous with the VB API, or is it just the result of a wrong command in the VB.net program? or maybe my settings? I am using CREO 2.0 M100

Thank you in advance for your help.

Stephane

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

hello,

According to the error message, the error comes from the following portion of code below.

The text in bold is the one you're looking for, but I don't get why it's not working.....Someone Help!!!:

'======================================================================

'Function   :   addMenuAndButton

'Purpose    :   This function demonstrates the usage of UI functions to

'               add a new menu and button to Creo Parametric.

Private Sub addMenuAndButton()

Dim session As pfcls.IpfcSession

Dim inputCommand As IpfcUICommand

Dim buttonListener As IpfcUICommandActionListener

Dim exitCommand As IpfcUICommand

Dim eListener As IpfcUICommandActionListener

Try

session = asyncConnection.Session

buttonListener = New ButtonListener()

eListener = New ExitListener()

'Command is created which will be associated with the button. The class

'implementing the actionlistener must be given as input.

inputCommand = session.UICreateCommand("INPUT", buttonListener)

exitCommand = session.UICreateCommand("EXIT", eListener)

'Menu is created and buttons are created in the menu

session.UIAddMenu("VB-Async", "Windows", "pfcAsynchronousModeExamples.txt", Nothing)

session.UIAddButton(exitCommand, "VB-Async", Nothing, _

"USER Exit Listener", "USER Exit Help", "pfcAsynchronousModeExamples.txt")

session.UIAddButton(inputCommand, "VB-Async", Nothing, _

"USER Async App", "USER Async Help", "pfcAsynchronousModeExamples.txt")

Catch ex As Exception

MsgBox(ex.Message.ToString + Chr(13) + ex.StackTrace.ToString)

End Try

End Sub

CustomizationAutomation

Hi All

I am facing same error Can nay one have the solution on this Issue

Top Tags