cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Control the variable text with ProToolkit

mcrist
4-Participant

Control the variable text with ProToolkit

We have a copyright symbol and various other symbols with lists of variable text items. Today, each user has to edit properties on the symbol, then change the properties in order to select these items. We would like to use ToolKit to develop a single screen to set these variable text values. Is there a way to use ToolKit to read the values in the variable text in a custom symbol, then set the value?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GabrielZaha
12-Amethyst
(To:mcrist)

Take a look at ProDtlsyminstdataVartextsSet function.

I didn't had the need to use this function in a very long time but check the documentation. The code example seems to be pretty good.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GabrielZaha
12-Amethyst
(To:mcrist)

Take a look at ProDtlsyminstdataVartextsSet function.

I didn't had the need to use this function in a very long time but check the documentation. The code example seems to be pretty good.

mcrist
4-Participant
(To:GabrielZaha)

Ah, thank you for the pointer. I was looking for the way to get the list of variable text selections, and it looks like there is a ProDtlsyminstdataVartextsCollect function that will perform this task. I saw the "Set" command, but didn't see a corresponding "Get" command.

Top Tags