cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Controlling DXF using Notepad

sgunnam
12-Amethyst

Controlling DXF using Notepad

Hi all,

I'm trying to control the TEXT extruded on the CREO Model or TEXT Printed on the drawing using notepad.

Creo Model - extruded a rectangular box with some title on the top surface.

unnamed.png

Trial 1: I tried saving the CREO model into .dxf file and launch the .dxf file using notepad to see if I can control the text. But, it was all numbers and I don't see any text (i.e., TEST) inside the .dxf file when I launch it using notepad. My plan is to control the dxf while modifying the text inside notepad. 

Trail 2: I tried saving the drawing into .dxf file and did the same thing, launching it using notepad to see if I can control the text but of no luck. I do make sure the following things, while exporting the drawing into .dxf 

image 2.png

Does anyone have any ideas to make this happen. The reason to control the dxf is because, the end application will only be able to read the .dxf files generated by creo and if someone wants to make changes to the text written inside the .dxf file, I need to figure out a way to make it possible. 

Any help would be appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags