cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Create a New Component Parameter in Assembly that is editable by occurrence

bwudtke
10-Marble

Create a New Component Parameter in Assembly that is editable by occurrence

Hi Community,

We are looking to create a new component parameter in assembly mode that is editable by occurrence.  A similar attribute that has the same capabilities is  ECAD_OWNER.  We were able to create the attribute in Windchill under the EPM Document Uses Link, and it performs correctly in Windchill, but we want to have this edittable in Creo.  I am wondering if anyone knows how to add a component parameter in Creo like this.  Here is a picture example of what the functionality would represent.  It would not check out the components within the assembly as it is considered a assembly parameter.

Windchill 11.0

Creo 4.0 MO90

2 REPLIES 2
RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:bwudtke)

I don't understand your request in total but ...

you have already setup the Windchill Preference "Attributes to be published on Occurrence" in "EPM Service Preferences" -> "Build Service Preferences" I guess. This is the name of the Parameter.

You have a Link Type where Attributes is propagated from the WTPart to the EPM.

In Creo I'm not sure if the Parameter is Created automatically, if "not" it is a feature parameter and the feature is a component in your assembly.

Create the Parameter via Toolkit via

ProParameterWithUnitsCreate()

where the ProModelitem()

TYPE is PRO_FEAT_COMPONENT and the

ID is the Feature ID and the

OWNER for sure is the Root Assembly,

No component path, because this does not make sense.

Hope that helps ...

Hi,

We have Component Parameter Management automation that can help create and store component parameters that can be used across your organization. These parameters can be grouped and labeled for specific assembly use cases. Attributes such as designated and locked can be added as well, so you don't need to do it manually. Users can then export your assembly structure and add/edit the component parameters in Excel, then import them back into Creo.

Please see a demo video (here) on this Component Parameter Management functionality and let me know if there are any questions.

Cheers,

John Piotrowski, Co-Founder & Product Manager
CadActive Technologies - www.cadactive.com
Top Tags