cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Creating a Creo2 Tool with Toolkit

gbrandes
1-Newbie

Creating a Creo2 Tool with Toolkit

Hello,

I have worked since a few years with Creo2, but I never had to use the Creo Toolkit before.

I want to create a tool for Creo, that automatizes the construktion of a blend feature.

Unfortunately, I don´t know much about the use of Toolkit and the Information aviable on the Internet is very rare. Therefore, here are my Questions:

Which with version of Visual Studio should i work for creating a tool for Creo2?

What are the options, that i need to adjust before starting to make the code for the tool?

Is there any tutorials or a list with toolkit specific commands in C++?

Which libraries and headers to i have to include in my project?

Or to summarize my questions: How do I start?

I hope you can help me with that, since i see no other chance to gain some basic knowledge about this topic.

Thank´s a lot.

Gerrit

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Creo has several development environments available:

Toolkit - (ProToolkit and Object Toolkit): C/C++ API's - require specific license

JLink - Java based API's

VB Link - Visual Basic

WebLink - JavaScript

Some of these are selected by default during the installation. The others need to be selected at the installation time. All the documentation and also the example files are then copied into the Creo loadpoint. In my opinion the Toolkit documentation is fairly well written. I can't say about the other modules.

There are huge differences in terms of capabilities: Toolkit is the most powerful. Specifically for your goal is the only one that allow construction of features. All others has just a limited subset of what can be done with toolkit.

To answer to your question:

1 - Make sure you have the required license

2 - For Creo 2 you will need Visual Studio 2010

3 - Install Creo or modify an existing installation to include ProToolkit and Object Toolkit

4 - Under the <load_point>\Common Files\M120\protoolkit directory you will find the user guide. Personally I prefer the web-based documentation located on "protkdoc" directory. Is all explained on the first pages of the user guide

5 - Protk_appls directory has a good number of examples. Use those, together with the documentation to get you started

Good Luck

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Creo has several development environments available:

Toolkit - (ProToolkit and Object Toolkit): C/C++ API's - require specific license

JLink - Java based API's

VB Link - Visual Basic

WebLink - JavaScript

Some of these are selected by default during the installation. The others need to be selected at the installation time. All the documentation and also the example files are then copied into the Creo loadpoint. In my opinion the Toolkit documentation is fairly well written. I can't say about the other modules.

There are huge differences in terms of capabilities: Toolkit is the most powerful. Specifically for your goal is the only one that allow construction of features. All others has just a limited subset of what can be done with toolkit.

To answer to your question:

1 - Make sure you have the required license

2 - For Creo 2 you will need Visual Studio 2010

3 - Install Creo or modify an existing installation to include ProToolkit and Object Toolkit

4 - Under the <load_point>\Common Files\M120\protoolkit directory you will find the user guide. Personally I prefer the web-based documentation located on "protkdoc" directory. Is all explained on the first pages of the user guide

5 - Protk_appls directory has a good number of examples. Use those, together with the documentation to get you started

Good Luck

Thank you for your reply, that helps me a lot!

Toolkit is installed, as well as VS2010. I hope i`ll get along with the user guide

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:gbrandes)

Hello Gerrit,

if the hints from Gabriel have helped you doing your first steps, consider marking his post as Correct Answer.

This will help others in the community identify the thread as answered.

Thanks,

Gunter

Hello Zaha,

i have Creo 2.0  with Creo toolkit installed.but i don't know how to configuration Creo toolkit in system.

i have also VB2010 in my system.

Kindly help me step by step or if you have video tutorials please share.

Under the Creo Toolkit loadpoint you will find 3 pdf documents:

Creo_Toolkit_GSG.pdf - This is the Getting Started document

Creo_Toolkit_RelNotes.pdf - Release Notes

tkuse.pdf - User’s Guide

On the Getting Started document check the section called Installing and Testing the Creo Parametric TOOLKIT Development Environment

All the information's for installations and configuration are provided there.

Tkank you Zaha

I have one problem for configuration Creo toolkit.

1.Set the environment variable PROE_INSTALL_PATH to point to the

Creo Elements/Pro installation directory.

*PROE_INSTALL_PATH==>C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M010

PROE_INSTALL_PATH.PNG

Please help me step by step,im new in toolkit.

Thank you.

Hi Sanjiba -

Your question is different from the one that Gerrit Brandes asked at the start of this thread. Since Gerrit already marked his question as "answered", many people may never notice the question you asked later on:

Sanjiba Behera wrote:

Tkank you Zaha

I have one problem for configuration Creo toolkit.

1.Set the environment variable PROE_INSTALL_PATH to point to the

Creo Elements/Pro installation directory.

*PROE_INSTALL_PATH==>C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M010

There are two problems that I notice here:

1. PROE_INSTALL_PATH should contain the "Creo Parametric installation directory" (according to the PTC docs), not the Common Files folder.
  2. PROE_INSTALL_PATH should contain "DOS short names" (again, from the PTC docs).

We can discuss this further, but I would prefer that you re-post your previous message in a new discussion thread.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

Top Tags