cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creating a new template(.frm) without format size

Roccc88
1-Newbie

Creating a new template(.frm) without format size

hello i need a create a new template (.frm ) without format size or a .drw without format size for the export dxf.

i need a dxf for the water cutting machine.

best regards. Rocco

2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Roccc88)

You can create a format without any borders but all formats have some size defined for them.  The size is needed to determine what paper size to print to and where to zoom to fit the page to the screen.

You can create a drawing template (.drw) with that doesn't have a format (.frm).

Steps:

• Create New Drawing and Specify Template as 'Empty'. Pick a size - I usually pick the default C but it doesn't really matter. Creo will show an outline of the size of the drawing unless you hide the 'format'.
  • With the drawing created, you can then enter Drawing Template mode - Tools>Applications>Template. This allows you to create a VIEW TEMPLATE with the desired settings: Orientation (Front, Back, View4DXF, etc.), Scale = 1, Model Display, Tangent Edge Display settings, etc.
  • You can then use this as a drawing template (File>New>Drawing>From Template) that will place the DXF view automatically. You may have to reorient the view manually as needed and/or delete Scale=1 text.
  • You can create a mapkey to speed up this process. See this discussion: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Detailing-MBD-MBE/DRW-to-DXF-automation/td-p/482819

DXF Template 1.jpgDXF Template 2.jpgDXF Template 3.jpgDXF Template 4.jpg

Top Tags