cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creating a parameter from C program

RV_5074063
3-Visitor

Creating a parameter from C program

Hello everyone, my name is Raul and I have the following issue:

I have a whole bunch of drawings that need to be updated with the current year value. Currently we manually create the parameter and type the value.

I would like to create a parameter with the value of the current year. My idea is to have a button where I can obtain that value automatically and assign that to a parameter.

I'm currently trying to get that from a user program, my problem is that I'm not really good at it. Do you guys have any guide or best practice I can use to improve my knowledge on C programming linked to Creo? 

Any ideas are more than welcome, thanks a lot in advance!

Regards

1 REPLY 1

@RV_5074063 wrote:

Hello everyone, my name is Raul and I have the following issue:

I have a whole bunch of drawings that need to be updated with the current year value. Currently we manually create the parameter and type the value.

I would like to create a parameter with the value of the current year. My idea is to have a button where I can obtain that value automatically and assign that to a parameter.

I'm currently trying to get that from a user program, my problem is that I'm not really good at it. Do you guys have any guide or best practice I can use to improve my knowledge on C programming linked to Creo? 

Any ideas are more than welcome, thanks a lot in advance!

I would recommend using the jlink (java) api for this task. PTC has several examples that include adding menu buttons and creating/setting parameters.

Top Tags