cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Creating installer for JLink development

SD_10158207
6-Contributor

Creating installer for JLink development

Hello Developers,

Need your input on developing and sharing the installers to end users for the development done using JLink.

Also I want to keep the installer specific to Creo Version.

Right now I have done with the development of Creo Automation using JLink. Looking for the way to share a simple installation file rather a traditional protk.dat approach.

Waiting for your inputs

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
remy
21-Topaz I
(To:SD_10158207)

You're done with the creation and testing of your JOTK Free application and you need to design and think ahead of the deployment of the app in your organization. 

One of your constraints is to stick to a specific version of Creo and another one is to make the installation less fussy than the flat files to copy.

Given your constraints (checking and simpliflying), from my experience as a software developer (before joining PTC), to create a portable exe file that performs verifications and search the proper folders and paste the proper file to given directories, you need a packaging software.

It's basically an application that enables to design an installation CD.

The last one I used was InstallShield and it is not free. Yet again, it is a personal recommendation and PTC cannot be held accountable for this proposition.
Maybe some alternative exists that other contributors can share. 

Also how many seats do you need to install the application on? The workload is different if this is a matter of dozens or hundreds.

sjuraj
13-Aquamarine
(To:SD_10158207)

I use this https://jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php 

You need to put your protk.dat to program data folder https://community.ptc.com/t5/Customization/Is-their-any-way-to-Run-creo-C-ToolKit-plugin-without-loading/td-p/690393

while instlling you can create multiple folders (for multiple versions of creo) 

Top Tags