cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo 7.0.3.0 Session connection problem through VB API

Raju2
4-Participant

Creo 7.0.3.0 Session connection problem through VB API

I am using Creo Parametric - Release 7.0 (connected) 7.0 7.0.3.0

We are facing problem of connecting to Creo 7.0 Session through VB.Net API. The same code is working while using it on the Creo 4.0.
Throws System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80020009): pfcExceptions::XToolkitCantModify
Followed following steps before running code.
1. VB API registered.
2. All required Environment Variables set properly.
3. Checked Access permissions on pfcls com. trough Component Service.

Thanks for any help.

Here are the errors that I faced
Unable to connect creo session and throws System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80020009): pfcExceptions::XToolkitCantModify at pfcls.ICpfcAsyncConnection.Connect(Object _Display, Object _UserID, Object _TextPath, Object _TimeoutSec)
4 REPLIES 4
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Raju2)

@Raju2 wrote:
I am using Creo Parametric - Release 7.0 (connected) 7.0 7.0.3.0

We are facing problem of connecting to Creo 7.0 Session through VB.Net API. The same code is working while using it on the Creo 4.0.
Throws System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80020009): pfcExceptions::XToolkitCantModify
Followed following steps before running code.
1. VB API registered.
2. All required Environment Variables set properly.
3. Checked Access permissions on pfcls com. trough Component Service.

Thanks for any help.

Here are the errors that I faced
Unable to connect creo session and throws System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80020009): pfcExceptions::XToolkitCantModify at pfcls.ICpfcAsyncConnection.Connect(Object _Display, Object _UserID, Object _TextPath, Object _TimeoutSec)

Hi,

please contact PTC Support.

Martin Hanák
sgudla
18-Opal

@Raju2 The most common reasons for XToolkitCantModify exception is setting PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE variable value incorrect. Please make sure that you have set this to the pro_comm_msg.exe file from Creo 7.0.3.0 installation and NOT from Creo 4.0 installation. If this variable is already set correct, please try the below

1. Execute your VB API application as a Admin user. You may try using "Run as Administrator"
  2. If the problem persists, re compile the VB API application referencing the Creo VB API Type Library of Creo 7.0.3.0

Thanks,

Seshu

Raju2
4-Participant
(To:sgudla)

Thank you Seshu,

But the options you have suggested we tried already but didn't worked.

Thanks.

sgudla
18-Opal

Recompile the VB API application with below references resolved the reported problem. Please refer to https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS352808

1. Compile the application using Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 ( the recommended version for Creo 7.0)
  2. Referencing .NET framework 4.7.2 or higher.
Top Tags