cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo Agent Issue on Windows 7 32 bit

ChrisCollinson
6-Contributor

Creo Agent Issue on Windows 7 32 bit

All,

I'm getting a problem on Windows 7 Pro 32 bit machines and installing Creo Parametric 2.0

Creo installs fine and then on launch it installs pvx and the Creo Agent 2.9, the I see a message dialogue saying that "Creo 2.0 from PTC has stopped Working" You can cancel this error message and Creo runs fine.

creoerrorinfo.png

I contacted PTC Tech Support who are looking into this and from them they suggested to uninstall the creoagent and change the name of the installer file in <CREO_INSTALL>\Common Files\M010\install\addoncreoagent_32.msi to .old This will stop Creo from being able to install the agent,

This is fine accept that it stops things like the learning connector working

Looking at the Windows Event logs I see the error pointing to KERNELBASE.dll

creoinfo_EventLog.png

Anyone got any ideas as to what is causing this

I've tried re-installing creo several times and ensuring there are no creo reg entries or files left anywhere on teh machine

I also found another log file showing an error

creoinfo.png

So I am now stumped as to what is the real issue. Any one seen this or can help it would be really useful if they could let me know what they did or how far they got with it

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks to all that replied

PTC TS have told me that "The Issue is reproduced in Windows 7 32 Bit and an SPR will be opened to address this"

So hopefully a fix in M020 or M030, think its got to be high on the fix list if they want to showcase the Learning Connector.

This is the Creo Platofrm 2.9 Agent that runs NOT the Quality Agent just so we aare clear on this.

Stopping this Creo Platform stops the learning connector

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

When I installed Creo 2.0 M010, It had a checkmark for not installing, or at least not running the agent. I think it worked. I am on Windows 7 64bit.

Its a bit confusing actually, when I reviewed this with PTC Tech Support its actually the Creo Platform that you uninstall. The quality Agent is something different

Its all very confusing... really, it is!

I had all kinds of problems uninstalling F001 to install M010 and still don't have a good answer as to how to propely uninstall Creo.

Chris....as you've encountered the issue is the Creo Agent and yes, without the Creo Agent the Learning Connector will not launch. We have one Dell m6500 running Win7 Professional that will not run the Creo Agent either thru Creo 2 or attempting to run the creoagent.exe. Our other computers running XP and Win7 Enterprise run the Creo Agent without any troubles. Like you, we don't have the answer and since only one machine has Win7 Professional we will likely continue toward our Creo 2 adoption late September.

Regards, Jim

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:jellis)

Just a note, Jim. I have disabled the agent when I installed Creo 2.0 M010 and the Learning Connector is running fine. Dell M6600 Win 7 64. If this is a 32 vs 64 bit issue, there must be something wrong with the load when disabling the Agent. The two are obviously not dependent on each other from a purely functional standpoint. This might be one for the tech support group to report back to the developers.

Thanks for the note! I thought the Learning Connector req'd CreoAgent. We can't get the Agent or LearningConnector to work on the m6500 W7Pro but on our m6600 w7 Entrprise no issues.

Thanks to all that replied

PTC TS have told me that "The Issue is reproduced in Windows 7 32 Bit and an SPR will be opened to address this"

So hopefully a fix in M020 or M030, think its got to be high on the fix list if they want to showcase the Learning Connector.

This is the Creo Platofrm 2.9 Agent that runs NOT the Quality Agent just so we aare clear on this.

Stopping this Creo Platform stops the learning connector

Good point about the platform agent. Indeed, I was thinking quality agent. To many agents

Top Tags