cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Problem while start ProTK dll on another PC

Eike_Hauptmann
13-Aquamarine

Problem while start ProTK dll on another PC

Hi,

I have written a small tool in Visual Studio 2005 for Wildfire 4. On my pc it work like a charme. On the other pc (also Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Wildfire 4 M200 - 64 bit, same Hardware) it don't work. The only Failure I get is that Pro Engineer can't start the Application. (it is not the "file not found" error) The other PC has no Visual Studio 2005 installed.

The other PC has a Pro Toolkit License too. I have installed the Visual Studio 2005 redistributable package (64bit). Nothing happens. Have anyone an idea what I can do to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Eike

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

In Reply to Eike Petersen:

Hi,

I have written a small tool in Visual Studio 2005 for Wildfire 4. On my pc it work like a charme. On the other pc (also Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Wildfire 4 M200 - 64 bit, same Hardware) it don't work. The only Failure I get is that Pro Engineer can't start the Application. (it is not the "file not found" error) The other PC has no Visual Studio 2005 installed.

The other PC has a Pro Toolkit License too. I have installed the Visual Studio 2005 redistributable package (64bit). Nothing happens. Have anyone an idea what I can do to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Eike

And what's the exact error message, you get?

Regards, Domenic

Thx to Ronald Tellen who has written me an E-Mail :

shortened Content : Try to install .Net 2.0

I have installed it and it didn't helped, but thx for the answer.

With a DLL - Dependency Walker I get on the PC on that it isn't work (Side by Side configuration error)

To Domenic:

The complete Failure is in german, because my Wildfire version is in german, I try to translate it:

The ProToolkit program "Model Processor" can't be started. Please look inside the Trailfie to get more informations.

After click ok in this window a second one appear.

The ProToolkit program "Model Processor" can't be started.

Inside the Trailfile only the Failure message appears a second time.

Best regards,

Eike

Are you sure your exec_file and text_dir lines in the protk.dat file are correct?

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | o: 616.698.3766 | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image001.jpg@01CD7083.633B9BD0]

Hi Eike,

Be sure to compile your executable in Release mode. If it is compiled in
Debug mode, it will expect the full MS VS Debugger to be available and I
would expect the exact error you are seeing.

Ben

I'm German speaking too. 🙂

Back to the problem ... because you're using Windows 7 x64, I assume, you've installed the Service Pack 1 of Visual C++ 2005?! Otherwise Visual C++ won't run.
If you look at the platform notes of Pro/TOOLKIT for Pro/E Wildfire 4.0 (http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/53026/en/ProTOOLKITPlatformsWildfire40.pdf) you'll see that SP1 is not supported for the 64-bit platform. This is because of a bug in Visual C++ 2005 SP1.

When we migrated to Windows 7, we installed Visual C++ 2008 as development environment. And till now we haven't had any problems with it.

Regards, Domenic

Thx at all for helping.

I found a solution for my problem.

My DLL was Mutli threaded DLL (in Properties -> C / C++ -> General) and I changed it to Multi Threaded.

After that I need to let the Linker know (Properties -> Linker -> Input -> Ignore Specific Library = libcmt.lib)

After that my build dll don't need other DLLs and I don't have the problem I've had before.

Best regards,

Eike

Top Tags