cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Creo ProToolkit API pfcSelection::SetPoint() is not working correctly.

ptechnologies
10-Marble

Creo ProToolkit API pfcSelection::SetPoint() is not working correctly.

Hi All, 

I am working on Creo 5.0.1.0 .

I have observed that the API  pfcSelection:: SetPoint()  is giving wrong results,

Can anyone explain this behavior??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:ptechnologies)

Hi all,

Just a guess.  Could be missing UV parameters ( ProSelectionUVParamSet).

I would try the round-trip test - make a datum tag for a datum plane via UI, then write a code - select a tag, get attachments, get selection object, store all of this, delete the existing tag, create a new one with stored data and the tag should appear at the same location as the original one. If it is not happening - contact tech support

HIH. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

what do you mean by wrong behavior?

What is the use case?

What were you expecting?

What was observed?

Thanks for the reply,

So here is the case,

I created the selection object as

pfcSelection_ptr selection = pfcCreateModelItemSelection(item); (Item which is surface)

then I set the desired center point to my selection object,

as selection->SetPoint(point);

then I created an Annotation (Set Datum Tag ) at this attachment(selection  object),

using ProMdlSetdatumtagCreate

But in UI the created SetDatumTag is attached to a different point of selection object,

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:ptechnologies)

Hi all,

Just a guess.  Could be missing UV parameters ( ProSelectionUVParamSet).

I would try the round-trip test - make a datum tag for a datum plane via UI, then write a code - select a tag, get attachments, get selection object, store all of this, delete the existing tag, create a new one with stored data and the tag should appear at the same location as the original one. If it is not happening - contact tech support

HIH. 

Hi,

Thank you for the solution,

After setting The UV parameters in the selection object the Tag can be set at the Correct Location.

Top Tags