cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo2.0 and ANSYS16.2 interface

rbadaracco
1-Newbie

Creo2.0 and ANSYS16.2 interface

I'm trying to configure Creo2.0 with ANSYS16.2, but it doesn't work. I follow all the instructions on ANSYS CAD configuration manager and apparently the configuration is completed. But when I open CREO, I get an error: Creo toolkit registry file C:\Users.....\WBPluginPE162.dat: cannot spawn application.....No such file or directory'. I need help please

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

1.]

WBPluginPE162.dat files is in your startup directory, therefore you do not need PROTKDAT line in your config.pro.

2.]

Open WBPluginPE162.dat on Notepad and check/correct paths inside it.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

as Martin mentioned and from your picture it looks like the path are not correct and it seems you have duplicate dat files.

Here I figured out, that the $ANSYS_PROEWF_VER162 variables in the WBPlugInPE.dat are not filled with the correct value so I replaced the variable in the EXEC_FILE and TEXT_DIR path line with the value which is the name of the directory "ProE".

Regards

Jan

Thanks Martin and Jan,

I opened WBPluginPE162.dat, but I don't really know how to correct the paths. Here's the dat file. I don't quite understand how to replace the variables in the path with the name of the directory "ProE". what is the directory "ProE"?  Thanks again.

Capture3.JPG

Hi,

there is no variable in your WBPluginPE162.dat file.

Your picture tells me that C:\Program Files\Ansys Inc\v162\aisol\CADIntegration\ProE directory does not exist. Unfortunatelly I do not know why. Maybe you have installed wrong "Creo-Ansys interface" ?

MH

Martin Hanák

Thanks a lot Martin, do you suggest I should reinstall Ansys?

did this work? because i have the same issue.

Hi,

your error message from the picture tells duplicate dat files and the one in the user profile is ignored. There could also be a PROTKDAT line in the config.pro in this directory <load point>\ANSYS Inc\v162\aisol\CADIntegration\ProE\ProEPages\config.

Here I renamed the config.pro in that location, backuped the WBPlugInPE.dat and edited the WBPlugInPE.dat in the same location. Than I've put the "PROTKDAT W:\ANSYS Inc\v162\aisol\CADIntegration\ProE\ProEPages\config\WBPlugInPE.dat" in my config.pro.

Now I see an other thing: You have spaces in your path. Below is our dat file.This comes from the installation. I've just replaced one variable as mentioned above. May be a reinstall is a good point to start.

Jan

NAME WB162PluginProWF

EXEC_FILE $AWP_ROOT162\AISOL\CADIntegration\ProE\$ANSYS_SYSDIR\WBPlugInPECOM.dll

TEXT_DIR $AWP_ROOT162\AISOL\CADIntegration\ProE\ProEPages\Language\$AWP_LOCALE162

STARTUP dll

delay_start FALSE

allow_stop TRUE

unicode_encoding FALSE

REVISION ProEWildfire

END

name ac4pro162dll

exec_path $AWP_ROOT162\ANSYS\ac4\bin\pro\$ANSYS_SYSDIR\ac4pro.exe

text_path $AWP_ROOT162\ANSYS\ac4\data\pro\text

STARTUP dll

delay_start FALSE

allow_stop TRUE