cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo2 PSF Descriptions not showing up in license borrow selection

akelly
11-Garnet

Creo2 PSF Descriptions not showing up in license borrow selection

We have 5 different .bat / .psf combinations for launching Creo 2 M090. They are used for different license configurations.

I was trying to borrow a license and the startup configurations all show Creo Default C Drive. I got stuck there because I didn't want to pick the wrong one and get stuck with a borrowed license that I can't return (can anyone detect a sore spot?).

I understood that it would show the DESC value in the .psf files, but it is not showing them

Any ideas?

-- Andrew

Andrew Kelly, P.E.
Design Engineer
Honeywell Sensing and Control
2080 Arlingate Lane
Columbus, OH 43228
Office: 614-850-7818
Toll Free: 800-848-6564
Fax: 614-850-1111
andrew.kelly@honeywell.com<">mailto:andrew.kelly@honeywell.com>

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
akelly
11-Garnet
(To:akelly)

never mind. The knucklehead that made the .psf files had 2 DESC lines. I only saw the first one (where it was supposed to be) and wasn't looking for multiples.

--Andrew

They shouldn't all say "Creo Default". This has to be configured when the software is installed or revised.

[cid:image001.png@01CF7B14.143650A0]

[cid:image002.png@01CF7B14.143650A0]

David Haigh

Also, you can change manually in the psf:

[cid:image003.png@01CF7B26.5D5E2B60]

BK

Ok, yes you could edit the files manually.

But, if you're trying to set up for a scripted install for all your machines, you don't want to do that.
You want the information to be in the xml file called from the install command.

"C:\ptc\Staging_Folder\Creo 2.0-m090\Creo 2.0-m090 software\setup.exe" -xml "C:\ptc\Staging_Folder\Creo 2.0-m090\new_install\pma.p.xml"

Personally I don't want to futz around inside these files to change things. I rather do it right to begin with.

David Haigh
Top Tags