cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Data between VBAPI and toolkit

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Data between VBAPI and toolkit

Hello

I have used VBAPI and from that application, we used to call toolkit application... Output from toolkit application was a text file having details extracted from models and again that text file is considered as input for subsequent operations into VBAPI.

Is it possible to pass data or objects between these two different customisation approaches i..e VBAPI and toolkit?

Regards
Ketan
3 REPLIES 3

You can do this by using Reflection. 

Register Toolkit DLL into Creo with Exporting C++ Methods. You can call Exported methods from VBA

Refer https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19214209/calling-c-function-from-excel-and-vba-using-dll-created-in-c 

This could be one possible solution. I will try this later on. What I wanted to convey is something different. My source code is not in a single solution. I just want to pass argument to dll while calling registered unlocked dll from VBAPI. In this scenario, I need to pass selected object of VB to toolkit dll argument..

Hi, Ketan.

Take a look at

ProArgument and Argument Management
Use the data structure ProArgument to pass application data to and from tasks
in other applications.

Top Tags