cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Debug & Release for asynch app.

ptc-3191571
1-Newbie

Debug & Release for asynch app.

Hello,
I have created an asynch protoolkit app for WF 5.0 in VS 2008. I have linked following librraies- prodevmd.lib
protkmd.lib ptasyncmd.lib wsock32.lib mpr.lib psapi.lib ws2_32.lib netapi32.lib.

When I build the code using debug option it works fine(though it has some warnings related to protkmd.lib).
When I build using release option it throws following error messages-
Error19 ;error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _NetRemoteTOD@8 referenced in function _NetRemoteTOD_thunk

After referring to some more posts outside I changed runtime library settings as follows
for debug-
Multi-threaded Debug DLL (/MDd)
for release-
Multi-threaded DLL (/MD)

What I am missing??

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
JamesKerkstra
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-3191571)

Rahul,

I believe youneed to use the mt version of the lib files when you switch from debug to release. (ie protkmt.lib, ptasyncmt.lib ).

Thanks,

In Reply to Rahul M.:

Hello,
I have created an asynch protoolkit app for WF 5.0 in VS 2008. I have linked following librraies- prodevmd.lib
protkmd.lib ptasyncmd.lib wsock32.lib mpr.lib psapi.lib ws2_32.lib netapi32.lib.

When I build the code using debug option it works fine(though it has some warnings related to protkmd.lib).
Error19 ;error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _NetRemoteTOD@8 referenced in function _NetRemoteTOD_thunk

After referring to some more posts outside I changed runtime library settings as follows
for debug-
for release-
Multi-threaded DLL (/MD)

What I am missing??

Thanks

I couldn't locate those two libraries in my proe installation.

How could I get them?

Thanks

JamesKerkstra
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-3191571)

for 32 bit OS

<wildfileinstalldir>\protoolkit\i486_nt\obj\protkmt.lib

<wildfileinstalldir>\protoolkit\i486_nt\obj\ptasyncmt.lib

<wildfileinstalldir>\prodevelop\i486_nt\obj\prodevmt.lib

for64 bit OS

<wildfileinstalldir>\protoolkit\x86e_win64\obj\protkmt.lib

<wildfileinstalldir>\protoolkit\x86e_win64\obj\ptasyncmt.lib

<wildfileinstalldir>\prodevelop\x86e_win64\obj\prodevmt.lib

if these are not on your system, rerun the installation and select API Toolkits and select Pro Toolkit.

Hope that helps,

In Reply to Rahul M.:

Hello,

for debug-
for release-
Multi-threaded DLL (/MD)

What I am missing??

Thanks

I didn't got those files in my WF 5.0 installation,so I approached PTC to get info.As per PTC ‘protkmt.lib’ and ‘protk_dllmt.lib’ files are obsolete and have been removed from ‘obj’ folder"

Now what option I have to remove those linking errors mentioned in 1st post.?

Top Tags