cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Delete Note Attachment via ProToolkit

sharon.barber
1-Newbie

Delete Note Attachment via ProToolkit

Has anyone tried to remove the note placement from a ProNote object in ProToolkit? We have not found any method for removing note placement, only for inserting the placement.

Thanks,

Sharon Barber

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Sharon -

I personally don't know of a way to do this:

> Has anyone tried to remove the note placement from a ProNote object
> in ProToolkit? We have not found any method for removing note placement,
> only for inserting the placement.

I have repositioned a note using ProNotePlacementSet(), which is, of
course,
changing the placement, not removing it.

Are you trying to do something to the note other than change its position?
I'm not sure how the note would be useful with its placement data deleted.

|+| M a r k |+|

Mark Stallard
Rapid Response Development
information Solutions
Integrated Defense Systems
Raytheon Company

(business)
+1.339.645.6423
(cell)
+1.617.331.5443
(tie line)

-

235 Presidential Way
Woburn, MA 01801-1060
www.raytheon.com

Raytheon Sustainability

This message contains information that may be confidential and privileged.
Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive mail for the
addressee), you should not use, copy or disclose to anyone this message or
any information contained in this message. If you have received this message
in error, please so advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete this
message. Thank you for your cooperation.

I know it seems like a strange request. What we are tasked with doing is rearranging the notes in the feature tree. The engineer assigned to this task was looking to switch the note data and note placement instead of removing and reinserting all the notes. It all worked fine until I tested the software and ran across a case where we had an unplaced note being swapped with a placed note. The note with placement was updated correctly, but using a NULL placement on the same API resulted in PRO_TK_BAD_INPUTS. (Although I prefer this to the infamous PRO_TK_GENERAL_ERROR).

I don't think there is a solution via the API's but no place better to find answers than the forum so thought I'd give it a try. Worst case scenario, we may have to use a macro to unplace the note (although I really prefer to avoid macros wherever possible).

Thanks for all the responses (public and private),

Sharon

Top Tags