cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Dimensions symbol edit

GH_7935946
4-Participant

Dimensions symbol edit

Hello,

i would like to ask you for help. I would like to modify dimensions symbols. In drawing, when you click on dimension and want to modify dimension text. There is symbol pallet. (diameter, +/-.) I would like to edit these smybols. Can you help me how to do it? I think there should some file where these symbols are saved,  i don´t know where. 

Thank You for help

CREO PArametric 4

Have a nice day

GH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:GH_7935946)

De/compile font in Common Files\x86e_win64\text\usascii\special.fnt

As far I remember this is what you are looking for.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Found in 'Common Files/text/usascii/stroked_symbol_asme.src'
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Position 317.2
d 16, 22
d 0, 30
# diameter
" code 8960 2300"
width 28

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Found in 'Common Files/text/usascii/stroked_symbol_iso.src'

Position 321.6
d 16, 22
d 0, 30
# ISO diameter
" code 8960 2300"
width 18

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi,

symbols shown in dialog window are related to detail option SYMBOL_FONT. You cannot edit them in a simple way, because their definition is saved in TTF or Creo font files.

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin,

yes, i know about this symbol_font setting. Unfortunately we need to go deeper. We already made changes to the ttf font we are using for new templates. If its ttf i can modify it simple (we know how how) if its creo font file i´m not sure we change it (we can try). Can you please give me the path where these symbole are located?

Ahoj Martine,

pokud je to to jako font, který si to načítá, není to problém, už jsme font měnili ve Font Forgi (pro nové templaty máme spešl písmo a bohužel jsme potřebovali upravit závorky a tečku). Pokud by to bylo jako spešl creo formát písma, asi nebudu vědět jak do toho, ale mohu se pokusit. Dokázal by si mi říct název souboru (cestu) kde je tento font se symboly uložen (nepodařilo se mi ho najít) ? 

Děkuji
Ať se Ti daří

Hi,

simply search Creo installation directory tree for files with ttf extension. If the filename contains ansi string then you hit the target. More details tomorrow.

Martin Hanák

@MartinHanak wrote:

Hi,

simply search Creo installation directory tree for files with ttf extension. If the filename contains ansi string then you hit the target. More details tomorrow.

Hi,

below you can see the location of ttf fonts.

MartinHanak_0-1698214764139.png

Note:

Creo proprietary fonts defined in src files and then compiled into fnt files are very different from ttf fonts:

Martin Hanák

Note:

detail option SYMBOL_FONT value must be set to the same value in parts, assemblies, drawings.

Martin Hanák

Perfect Thank You ❤️

RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:GH_7935946)

De/compile font in Common Files\x86e_win64\text\usascii\special.fnt

As far I remember this is what you are looking for.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Found in 'Common Files/text/usascii/stroked_symbol_asme.src'

Position 317.2
d 16, 22
d 0, 30
# diameter
" code 8960 2300"
width 28

Found in 'Common Files/text/usascii/stroked_symbol_iso.src'

Position 321.6
d 16, 22
d 0, 30
# ISO diameter
" code 8960 2300"
width 18

GH_7935946
4-Participant
(To:RPN)

Perfect!! Thank You

Top Tags