cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Do we need TOOLKIT-for-3D_Drawings ( advanced license - 222) to access and modify the annotations

AP_10354419
2-Guest

Do we need TOOLKIT-for-3D_Drawings ( advanced license - 222) to access and modify the annotations

In the part environment, is it required to have the TOOLKIT-for-3D_Drawings ( advanced license - 222) to access and modify the annotations?

Upon using the ListItems(pfcITEM_ANNOTATION_ELEM) function of the C++ toolkit. I am getting an exception for not having the license.

Is there any other way to access it or the license is mandatory for this operation ?

license_2.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
JB_87049
15-Moonstone
(To:AP_10354419)

To access and to modify (3D) annotations this license IS mandatory.
This is something I don't understand. MBD is touted everywhere, but the license to develop software that is MBD related has to be bought separately.
I really don't understand why that isn't included in the regular Toolkit license.
I work at a university, but even they have to buy it separately. As a result I had to cease development of software I was creating for my PhD study.

Lol... I suppose PTC worked out that it is more rational and profitable to stop trying to get new customers, and instead find ways to exploit those remaining ones that cannot switch to competitors' software because they have a lot of legacy Pro/Engineer data.

Looking, for example, at what AutoDesk offers for customization and application development with Fusion 360, it is probably the correct decision.

remy
21-Topaz I

Generally speaking accessing 3D annotations and MBD at large is under license -222. This can come as a surprise and yet the information is delivered in the documentation.

For example:

remy_0-1659685182865.png

To ensure your request is addressed can share a screencapture of the exception thrown?

This is the exception that I have obtained.

license_3.PNG

remy
21-Topaz I

Thank you for clarifying the exception.
This indeed means that the method needs the license. It is mandatory.  

Top Tags