cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Drawing program with System parameters

dmccandless
6-Contributor

Drawing program with System parameters

Hi All,

I'm working on some new drawing borders and am looking to include some Drawing Program code in the drawing template. I have managed to get the layout to react to the model type &type (part or assembly) and am now trying to get tables to move based on the format size &format (so that if the size is changed later the tables will accomodate the change automatically)

Is there a way to get Creo's Drawing Program to recognise a system parameter?

thanks

Dave.

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:dmccandless)

The drawing size of the format cannot be changed once defined. You will need to bring in a new format with the size change. The new format should have the tables already in place, so just use them rather than try to move the original ones.

dmccandless
6-Contributor
(To:BenLoosli)

Hi Ben,

I have been trying to bring the tables in on a template drawing leaving the format free. I would prefer to keep the original tables as they are likely to have been modified. When changing drawing size I would bring in a new format, but am looking for a way for the drawing program to recognize this and change the drawing state based on the new format size,

thanks

Dave

UPDATE:

I have managed to get the drawing program to activate drawing states based on the border size by referring to the format name (we use an external system which can push create a parameter based on the format used)

I am now finding that if I set a table position using absolute coordinates in the drawing state this works perfectly (A2 to A2 and table move as expected) - Unless I change the table size, even though I am referencing the top right of the table, when adding rows on to the bottom, the drawing state seems to process the move based on the table size (or maybe table centre)? Does anyone know how this works? Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks

Dave

Top Tags