cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Export Simulation Batch Using ProToolkit

cketterling
10-Marble

Export Simulation Batch Using ProToolkit

Does anyone know of a way to write the batch output for a Creo Simulate analysis programmatically (ProToolkit, ProDevelop, trail files, etc)?  I'd like to be able to write out all of the analyses for a model to batch runs that can be transferred over to a workstation for solving.  If I could do it programmatically, it would save quite a bit of time vs clicking through the buttons for each analysis.  I know there's an export for FEM mode but don't see a similar function for standard Creo Simulate in the ProToolkit API docs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I haven't but whether that works or not doesn't matter since our post processing routine expects a single analysis and I am writing this to be used by people throughout the company.  I did find a way to make things work pretty robustly though.  I managed to create a macro to save the simulation model html which only contains the analyses for the current mode and use that to create a list of available analyses.  With that info I can trail file the batch export.  It's frustrating that PTC doesn't have any way of distinguishing between the FEM and native mode analyses in the API though and that they only have an export job function for FEM mode.  Seems like pretty basic stuff to ask for.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Are you using a standard Design Study to run all of the individual load cases?  The you would only have one job to run in batch mode for each model.

You might also take a look a using Distributed Batch which is included on the install disk to automate the runs.

This with trail files and macros should help speed things up.

Hope this helps,

Don Anderson 

Don, thanks for the response.  There are multiple analyses because many of them are nonlinear so they can't be bundled into a single linear run with different load sets. I should also add that there is an intermediate step between the export and solve.  We have an aux app that sets up post-processing the results.  Right now, the user selects the .bat file and folder for the analysis (after manually creating the batch) and some other options and it writes a top level .bat that runs the analysis and post processing executables. This is what gets run remotely.  I'd like to change it to a simple drop down with the available analysis names so that I don't have to manually create the files and use the file and folder selection.  If there was a C++ call similar to ProFemmeshExport() but for native Creo solver, that would be ideal. 

I into trail file calling the batch run export but it uses the table selection instead of the analysis model feature.  I could sort the analyses alphabetically (since that seems to be the standard behavior) but I don't know of a good way to filter out the FEM mode analyses from the native mode analyses.  Since it's an integer call to the row number, what the user selects may get an input set that isn't the one they requested vs a ProToolkit call will spit out an error if the item passed is incompatible and not export anything which would be a lot safer.  Also, the trail file will force the dialog to close making it impossible to set up multiple runs one after the other.  I'd prefer to avoid the trail file if it's possible but I'm not sure that it is.

Hi,

Multiple non-leaner analysis can be run from with in a Standard Design Study.

Have you tried running them from with one?

I haven't but whether that works or not doesn't matter since our post processing routine expects a single analysis and I am writing this to be used by people throughout the company.  I did find a way to make things work pretty robustly though.  I managed to create a macro to save the simulation model html which only contains the analyses for the current mode and use that to create a list of available analyses.  With that info I can trail file the batch export.  It's frustrating that PTC doesn't have any way of distinguishing between the FEM and native mode analyses in the API though and that they only have an export job function for FEM mode.  Seems like pretty basic stuff to ask for.

Top Tags