cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

GetMassProperty accuracy (weblink)

AnderasFromm
4-Participant

GetMassProperty accuracy (weblink)

How can i specify the accuracy for the getMassProperty function of a solid in weblink? Even in the toolkit API documentation i can not see a parameter for this?

The default accuracy value is too high, so the center of mass is rounded to zero. But for my calculations, i need to detect those small values.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:AnderasFromm)

I don't know if the API has a handle for this or not. If it doesn't though can you call a mapkey who's only function is to update that value?

AnderasFromm
4-Participant
(To:Chris3)

Even when i change the value in the GUI, the getMassProperty function in weblink seems to use a default value.

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:AnderasFromm)

Can you do the whole thing with a mapkey rather than using the API?

I currently do this with a mapkey and then hit the button and export the text to a file which I then post process. This likely isn't want you were looking for but might be a work around if you don't find anyone else who knows the API better.

AnderasFromm
4-Participant
(To:Chris3)

No, that's not a good solution for me. I wanted to integrate it into our toolbox website. With a mapkey i would also have to first parse the result and write an external app, that's much more effort then planed to spend here. But it is always good to know some alternatives.

In CREO Parametric Toolkit, the two functions ProSolidAccuracyGet() and ProSolidAccuracySet() get and set the solid accuracy.

Top Tags