cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How can i tell in my java program if a Dimension2D in a Drawing is a Basic dimension?

JohnU-PNSR
4-Participant

How can i tell in my java program if a Dimension2D in a Drawing is a Basic dimension?

If I use the Properties UI to set a dimension2D as a Basic dimension how then can I find this Basic Dimension2D using the jlink API?

As an example, if a Dimension2D is set to be a Reference dimension then i can use the Dimension2D.GetIsReference() method to find Reference dimension.

I can not find an equivalent function for Basic dimensions, but i can imagine that i am not looking for it properly.

Any suggestions?

Tnx in advance!

johnu

Tnx!

johnu 

5 REPLIES 5

@JohnU-PNSR wrote:

If I use the Properties UI to set a dimension2D as a Basic dimension how then can I find this Basic Dimension2D using the jlink API?

As an example, if a Dimension2D is set to be a Reference dimension then i can use the Dimension2D.GetIsReference() method to find Reference dimension.

I can not find an equivalent function for Basic dimensions, but i can imagine that i am not looking for it properly.

Any suggestions?

Tnx in advance!

johnu

Tnx!

johnu 

Hi,

please ask PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin;

Thankyou for your reply, can you elaborate as to why i would need to go to PTC support for this topic?

Tnx!

johnu

@JohnU-PNSR wrote:

Hello Martin;

Thankyou for your reply, can you elaborate as to why i would need to go to PTC support for this topic?

Tnx!

johnu

... because PTC Support engineer can answer your question.

Martin Hanák

Thankyou Martin, I sincerely hope that is the case, we have opened a ticket.

angelac
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

There are no methods for the class Dimension2D to allow you to find out if a dimension is Basic or Inspection, which means it can't be done using JLink (which is free).

However, such functionality exists in Object Toolkit Java API (which requires a developer license and runtime licenses for the user):

• wfcDimension.WDimension.IsBasic
• wfcDimension.WDimension.IsInspection

Top Tags