I need to update my license server with the new license file so I can run Creo 4.0 but I can't figure out how. I thought I could just go to the install file directory and run ptcsetup.bat and point it to the new license file, but I can't find the ptcsetup.bat file. I tried searching the entire C: drive and didn't find it anywhere. What am I missing or is there a different way to update the license file on the server?
On my computer I can find the reconfigure.exe file in the bin directory, but on the license server computer I can't find the reconfigure.exe file. I should have mentioned that we run our seats of Creo from a license server.
Here is another place to look:
C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Server\bin\reconfigure.lnk
This points to: "C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Server\InstallManager\reconfigure.exe" -xmlPath "C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Server/bin/pim/xml"
I guess that FLEXnet manager installed on license server is represented by system service named lmadmin_ptc.
How to "install" new license file:
What if you do all of the above, no prob, but then when you go to save and close license.dat it says "ACCESS DENIED"?? What then? Any ideas? SO close!
If you are getting Access denied, you may try:
- Place new license on desktop
- Copy Server and Daemon license from license.dat
- Overwrite existing server and daemon in license on desktop and save the file.
- Rename License.dat in licensing folder as license.date_old
- Rename license file on desktop as license.dat
- Copy license.dat from desktop and paste in licensing folder > It will prompt to continue. That should work.
Still if it fails, you may need to look from admin permissions side
After all steps, start lmadmin_ptc from system services.