cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to distinguish ISO Hole from generic holes?

CHASEONHO
18-Opal

How to distinguish ISO Hole from generic holes?

For ISO holes, the "effective radius surface" exists as shown.

image_9.png
However, the ProToolkit API ProSolidSurfaceVisit does not visit the "effective radius surface".
Assuming there is no feature tree in the model (for environments where ProElem cannot be used, such as step data or MIR assembly), is there an idea to distinguish ISO holes from generic holes?
Please share your knowledge.

Thanks,

Warm Regards,

SeonHo Cha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zemanekp
13-Aquamarine
(To:CHASEONHO)

Hi, I'm curious too:-)

BTW:  "effective radius surface" is quilt (from two surfaces) – instead ProSolidSurfaceVisit use the ProSolidQuiltVisit and this quilts visit by ProQuiltSurfaceVisit to get their surfaces (PRO_SRF_CYL).

But, suppose, we are solving just only imported geometry.

So I don’t think there is the exact solution, how to pair the thread surface with the drill hole. It is an analytical solution of geometry, and the result should be verified by the user.

I can compare the radius of coaxial surfaces and guess, in a certain range, if the dimensions (radius) correspond to the ISO standard.

First, I collect quilt surface (ProSolidQuiltVisit ->ProQuiltSurfaceVisit -> ProSurfacedataGet -> PRO_SRF_CYL -> ProCylinderdataGet -> [origin, e3, radius]), then almost the same for ProSolidSurfaceVisit (PRO_SRF_CYL -> [origin, e3, radius]), and pairing with quilt surfaces for the same origin, e3 (possible radius acc. to a table/list or by ratio).

If some sld surface is paired with qilt surface, I can e.g. setAppearance to surf as ISO hole.

Well, good luck:-)

PZ

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
zemanekp
13-Aquamarine
(To:CHASEONHO)

Hi, I'm curious too:-)

BTW:  "effective radius surface" is quilt (from two surfaces) – instead ProSolidSurfaceVisit use the ProSolidQuiltVisit and this quilts visit by ProQuiltSurfaceVisit to get their surfaces (PRO_SRF_CYL).

But, suppose, we are solving just only imported geometry.

So I don’t think there is the exact solution, how to pair the thread surface with the drill hole. It is an analytical solution of geometry, and the result should be verified by the user.

I can compare the radius of coaxial surfaces and guess, in a certain range, if the dimensions (radius) correspond to the ISO standard.

First, I collect quilt surface (ProSolidQuiltVisit ->ProQuiltSurfaceVisit -> ProSurfacedataGet -> PRO_SRF_CYL -> ProCylinderdataGet -> [origin, e3, radius]), then almost the same for ProSolidSurfaceVisit (PRO_SRF_CYL -> [origin, e3, radius]), and pairing with quilt surfaces for the same origin, e3 (possible radius acc. to a table/list or by ratio).

If some sld surface is paired with qilt surface, I can e.g. setAppearance to surf as ISO hole.

Well, good luck:-)

PZ

Top Tags