cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to find Connector "Ref_Model" parameter in cabling environment

Harsh9592
7-Bedrock

How to find Connector "Ref_Model" parameter in cabling environment

Hi All,

In Cabling environment, I need to get connector Ref_model attribute as shown in below image using toolkit.

Harsh9592_0-1637672793460.png

I was trying to read parameters of connector but there isn't any parameter which refer to this Ref_Model.

After loading the .nwf file where this Ref_Model is stored to particular connector ?

Thanks in Advance for the help.

Regards,

Harsh Patel

6 REPLIES 6

@Harsh9592 wrote:

Hi All,

In Cabling environment, I need to get connector Ref_model attribute as shown in below image using toolkit.

Harsh9592_0-1637672793460.png

I was trying to read parameters of connector but there isn't any parameter which refer to this Ref_Model.

After loading the .nwf file where this Ref_Model is stored to particular connector ?

Thanks in Advance for the help.

Regards,

Harsh Patel

Hi,

please ask PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

Ref_Model - is a model name (name.prt or name.asm) for connector model?

Hi @YaroslavSin ,

No, Ref_Model refers to MODEL_NAME in .nwf file as shown in below image.

Harsh9592_0-1637739397983.png

Regards,

Harsh Patel

Looks like this is a connector model name from original assembly. The parameter MODEL_NAME is read only and automatically updated to current connector model name. I think, old connector name not stored in new model.

You can try to create PARAMETER OLD_MODEL_NAME 58-06-20240iopr in nwf file to create user defined parameter.

PS: You have PART_NUMBER parameter in nwf. Not suitable for you?

Hi @YaroslavSin ,

My intent is to compare Ref_Model name with Cabling Component name(which is auto updated parameter "MODEL_NAME" as you said).

As per my understanding once .nwf file is loaded, MODEL_NAME assign to particular model, but after designate the connector it might override it's value (may be MODEL_NAME is predefined parameter in Creo therefore it is read-only).

But still question is from where Auto designate dialogue get the "Ref_Model" value ?

PART_NUMBER is different parameter so it will not help.

Regards,

Harsh Patel

Top Tags