cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to get parameters from Standalone annotations using toolkit API's?

ptechnologies
10-Marble

How to get parameters from Standalone annotations using toolkit API's?

Hi All,

If we create annotations using annotation features we will get the annotation element and from the annotation element we will get annotation parameters.

In my case, I have created a Standalone annotation. How will I get annotations parameters?

5 REPLIES 5

there is conflicting wording in your topic.

In the title, Stand Alone Annotation refers to annotations created from Annotate > Dimensions for example. It creates a node at the top of the model tree that aggregates all Stand Alone annotations.

Whereas in the body of your comment, Annotation Elements created by clicking Annotate > Annotation Feature > Dimensions for example. It creates an Annotation Feature in the model tree just at the Insert Here junction and enables to aggregate Annotation Elements at the users will.

They may look similar but on the binary they are different. A series or articles gives a comprehensive understanding of theses concepts: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS293596

So, given that, which one do you need to access with Creo Toolkit? 

Hi,

Thank you for feedback.

I need to access parameters of standalone annotations that are created using Annotate > Dimensions.

Hi,

Thank you for feedback.

We don't get any annotation elements from the annotation.

Is there any other way to get parameters of standalone annotation?

Hi,

I have encountered the same problem as you.
The trick using ProAnnotationElementGet and then ProParameterVisit works for driving dimensions.
For driven (standalone) dimensions it doesn't work.
You can get the parameters you want using different function calls like e.g. ProDimensionValuedisplayGet, ProDimensionTollabelGet, ...

Top Tags