cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to label fibers to another sheet

CW3R
1-Newbie

How to label fibers to another sheet

What is the best method to label a fiber when using the "Extend across sheets?" Is there a way to define locations such as sheet# and grid location (ex. SHT 1 C-7)? I see the parameter <sheets>, but I don't want to list the local sheet.

6 REPLIES 6
mkemp
1-Newbie
(To:CW3R)

Hi Eric,

I'm pretty sure that the function [dg_xref()] will do what you want.

Just make sure to turn off 'Sequential sheet numbering' via the Location Set Explorer (found under the Admin tab in the Rows and Columns drop-down in Creo Schematics), otherwise it won't tell you the sheet name (since the columns are uniquely numbered across sheets). If the option is on the label will be of the form [1,D], or Sheet_5-[1,D] if the option is off.

IIRC I created a Java function a long time ago to include the sheet name even if the option is on, CeDeL Solutions may still have it on their site.

Regards,

Martin

CW3R
1-Newbie
(To:mkemp)

The function [dg_xerf()] works well in the label Format field for the fiber extended across sheets. However, the grid location must not be set because the output is [0,0] when it should be something like [B,3]. The Creoschematics_htc file is not very helpful in describing the Location Set Explorer. I think this is the next step to fully answer this topic. The htc file gives the Label function for the row or column as {rsdesigner/component.Label.alpha()}. This works for A,B,C but not 1,2,3... In my case, the grid is already labeled in my company border template. So, how do I set the Column Width and Row Height and Labels to match my boarder?

mkemp
1-Newbie

It sounds like you created your template sheet from scratch. In that case it's likely you haven't set up the column/row boundaries and hence you wouldn't see the column or row labels.

If you're not seeing the labels for the sheet then you can use the 'Set sheet labeling datum' command (under 'Rows and Columns' to define the extents.

Just start the tool and probe two diagonal corners of the sheet to define the referencing box. A dialog will then come up prompting for the number of rows/columns and their widths.

Once you've done that then you should see the row/column labels. If that works for you then make sure to edit the template sheet in your catalog so that any new sheet based on that template will get the correct row/column definition.

If you still don't see the labels then most likely your sheet is not in a location set that defines row or column labels. This is a whole other kettle of fish!

Let's see if that works!

Martin

CW3R
1-Newbie
(To:mkemp)

Thanks Martin!

I am making progress with a few exceptions:

1) Columns should be numeric, but the function results are alpha.

2) Datum set from diagonal corners and number of columns and rows match, but allignment is off.

3) How do you change the properties to increase the divider line length and font size?

LabelFunction.JPG

CW3R
1-Newbie

I am back to this issue. It seems the Label Function does not work as written in the manual:

{rsdesigner/component/Label.alpha()}

—The default. The

row or column text is set as A, B, C through Z, corresponding to row or

column numbers 1, 2, 3, through 26, respectively

This function returns only alpha (A,B,C...) on both Row and Column.

How do I change the Columns to be numeric 1,2,3...?

I have tried /Label.num, /Label.numeric, /Label.number, /Label.int, /Label.boolean - all display J-ERR in the column and returns an error: Method call failed:Ljava/lang/String; rsdesigner/component/Label.xxx

Anyone?

AH_10565398
5-Regular Member

Hey!  I know this is super old now, but for anyone looking, to get a number instread of a letter, replace "rsdesigner/component/Label.alpha()" with "#".

Top Tags