cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to open external file with Mapkey

VladimirPalffy
13-Aquamarine

How to open external file with Mapkey

Do you need Open external file or Run some program while you working with Creo Parametric? You can use custom key sequence.

Creo Customization: How to open external file with Mapkey (youtube.com)

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
9 REPLIES 9

Cool, thanks

You are welcome

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

I tried this tip to open my Chrome web browser and it works, but it does not become the main window.  On the monitor, it opens behind Creo.

Can I make it open in front of Creo?

Hi Kevin

I tried it with Chrome web browser - it is work perfect. Chrome was main opened window
(my OS - Windows 7 64bit)

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

I see the problem.  I ran the mapkey with Chrome already open and so what happened is that a second instance of Chrome opened and did not become the main window.

If I close all Chrome windows it works as you described.

I wish the command prompt window with the black background did not stay open.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin

Try this to have the command prompt window close.

This example opens Google Chrome.

@echo off

C:\Users\kbradberry\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\

start chrome.exe

exit

Hi Kevin

For your mapkey you can set  and combine any of batch command (open / save / set custom variables / rename etc.) - your new mapkey Will be perfect and usefull.

In my example I want to show how you can open external file.

Thanks for comment

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Very cool. Thanks Vladimir. I now have a mapkey using OS script to open Microsoft Calculator.

@echo off

REM

set %windir%\system32\

start calc.exe

exit

Nice work Kevin and Thanks for sharing.

For All:

Do you need some help with Batch File Command? Click here:

Index of the Windows CMD command line or Some examples

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy