cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to read point bend location from Pro-piping in ProToolkit ?

ppandarkar-2
15-Moonstone

How to read point bend location from Pro-piping in ProToolkit ?

Hi..

I have a pipe assembly created in pro-piping, now i want to read its bend location from ProToolkit, so please can i know its API or any other way to read it.

From front end i can get it from Piping -> piping info -> bend location -> select pipe segment -> select csys.

Thanks.

Regards,

Prashant Pandarkar

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Prashant,

I have not ever programmed this activity but here are 2 possibilities off the top of my head.  BTW, I am using the WF 5.0 Pro/TOOLKIT API.

1. Use the Pro/DEVELOP function prodb_get_pipe_feat_refs and interrogate the returned Select3D object.  The Select3D object can be accessed with the ProSelect* functions.  This might get you what you are looking for.
  2. If #1 doesn't work then you may have to extract information from the feature element tree by using ProFeatureElemtreeExtract and then using the ProElem* functions to retrieve the proper data.  I'm not sure if Piping features are supported in Pro/TOOLKIT with the element tree but it's worth a try.

Hope It Helps,

Patrick Williams

I just went through this while trying to convert an application from Pro/DEVELOP to Creo Parametric 2.0 Toolkit which used a pipe feature.

prodb_get_pipe_feat_refs has no equivalent in Toolkit. The pipe feature element tree is not exposed. The pipe feature is obsolete in CP3.

Top Tags