cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J-Link XToolkitBusy Exception

Highlighted

J-Link XToolkitBusy Exception

Hi @ all,


I have a annoying problem with the asyncrounus J-Link -> Creo connection. I have installed a developed tool on ~ 100 Laptops. On 2 of these I have become the XToolkitBusy Exception.


What I know is that these exception was thrown if Creo do not answer in timeout time. But I set this to 60 seconds and the failure is still there. On one of these two everything worked fine till 2 weeks ago. At 2 weeks ago from one day to another no connection allowed anymore. I disabled the firewall and search for the nmsd_port variable. But nothing helped. On both Laptops no connection to no version of creo (tested WF 4, WF 5, Creo 1.0) is possible anymore.


One of these Laptops works on Windows Vista, one on Windows Server 2008, on other Laptops with the same OS everything is fine till today.


I hope some of you have an idea so I can get a solution to these guys.


Thx,
and best regards,
Eike

4 REPLIES 4

RE: J-Link XToolkitBusy Exception

Oh I think (not tested) that async. toolkit application would get same failures. In tk it is the PRO_TK_E_BUSY exception.

RE: J-Link XToolkitBusy Exception

Ok ... at one of two the Mousedriver lockes the port womewhere.


Solution is to disconnect the mouse, start Creo, and connect it again after Creo ist started and the port is locked. (we start our tool too), then the driver remembers the changed port I think.


Best regards,


Eike

J-Link XToolkitBusy Exception

Eike,
JD Felkins had an issue with the proper JRE appearing first in his PATH statement. Make sure you have the correct 32/64 JRE appear first in your path. Maybe JD can shed some more light on this.

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | o: 616.698.3766 | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image001.jpg@01CC510C.A29E6A10]

RE: J-Link XToolkitBusy Exception

I have written a small tool which get the Creo Verson (32 / 64 bit) and loads the right jre, it's very stable. So I think no problem with this.


In my previously posts I declare how resolved one of this failures. On the second Laptop I can't test this way, bacause the Laptops not in germany this time and the guy with the laptop have no time to test it. So I wait until he answered.



Thx for your reply,


Best regards,


Eike