cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Major dwg issues with embedded objects (pictures). Functionality: FAIL.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Major dwg issues with embedded objects (pictures). Functionality: FAIL.

Ok, so, when PT C announced that you can embed pictures in a dwg, I was happy.....until I actually tried to USE that (non)functionality.  Frankly, it's horrible.  It's almost impossible to work with, and when I had to embed the pictures as Word files, then it decides simply NOT so show the pictures.  They still show up in the Dwg Tree as "objects", but they have disappeared.  I "open" them, to find everything all screwed up in the word document.  I fix it there and save it, and it does nothing.  I try and "edit" it, and it's almost impossible to edit, and then nothing I do works anyways.

I'd have to rate this (non) functionality a -10 on a scale of 1 to 10.  MAJOR FAIL.

Anyone else have these issues or any tricks they'd like to share?

Thx!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Frank,

just for your fun ...

In 2008 I had ProE WF3 simple drawing containing simple Excel sheet. The presence of embedded Excel sheet in the drawing affected Zoom In/Zoom Out operations VERY MUCH ... the processor usage jumps to 100% and I was still waiting. Therefore I prefer NOT using OLE functionality until now.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Actually, now that you mention it, I DID notice the whole dwg acting weird and just bogging down.

Top Tags