cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Mapkey for "Remove Locations" not working

Spiff
6-Contributor

Mapkey for "Remove Locations" not working

Hi!

I am struggling getting my mapkey to work. It should delete some location points but there is this "Do you accept the changes? Yes/No" window which waits for user interaction even though I recorded the "Yes-click" and it appears in the mapkey.

The example below should remove 3 location points automatically. I recognized that sometimes it will wait at this question and sometimes not.

I would like to get the mapkey run stable with standard options. However, if there is an option to turn off this safety question, that'd be also fine with me.

If you have any hint, I'd be happy.

Thanks.
David

mapkey rem_loc ~ Command `ProCmdCblDelLoc` ;#ITEMSFROMLOCS;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdMdlTreeSearch`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Update `selspecdlg0` `ExtRulesLayout.ExtBasicIDLayout.InputIDPanel` `26217`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `selspecdlg0` `EvaluateBtn`;~ Activate `selspecdlg0` `ApplyBtn`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `selspecdlg0` `CancelButton`;#DONE/RETURN;Yes;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdCblDelLoc` ;#ITEMSFROMLOCS;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Update `selspecdlg0` `ExtRulesLayout.ExtBasicIDLayout.InputIDPanel` `31948`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `selspecdlg0` `EvaluateBtn`;~ Activate `selspecdlg0` `ApplyBtn`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `selspecdlg0` `CancelButton`;#DONE/RETURN;Yes;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdCblDelLoc` ;#ITEMSFROMLOCS;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Update `selspecdlg0` `ExtRulesLayout.ExtBasicIDLayout.InputIDPanel` `4096`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `selspecdlg0` `CancelButton`;#DONE/RETURN;Yes;

10 REPLIES 10
M_Haßlöcher
4-Participant
(To:Spiff)

Hi,

I'm not 100% sure, but you have specific ID Numbers in your Mapkey, which is related with his function only running with one specific Cable harness.

Example Line 3:

mapkey(continued) ~ Update `selspecdlg0` `ExtRulesLayout.ExtBasicIDLayout.InputIDPanel` `26217`\

That's sometimes the problem of a maypkey, it collects specific Feature IDs.

So try to record your mapkey in a "neutral" way like using the binocular for instance.

Martin

Spiff
6-Contributor
(To:M_Haßlöcher)

Hi Martin,

thanks for your answer but the mapkey is generated dynamically by Excel after it has analyzed the model structure.

The purpose is to search for all Location Point IDs that are frozen and the Excel macro creates and executes the mapkey with the right IDs.

So this is not the root cause for the mapkey stopping at the query window. I guess it's something like a "hidden" @PAUSE_FOR_SCREEN_PICK.

David

M_Haßlöcher
4-Participant

Hi David,

Ouhh woow, great idea!

What's the Name of the parameter to get through the Model tree the frozen Locations (features)?

Is it not possible to add each time a colum with Pause for screen Pick with default YES (means Screen Pick a Mapkey entry with empty Pick)

Martin

Spiff
6-Contributor
(To:M_Haßlöcher)

Hi Martin,

not sure how this exactly works. How can I set the pause for screen pick to be overdriven by a default action like a YES click?

I have done some tests manually changing the mapkey, adding the YES here and there, reordering, adding @PAUSE_FOR_SCREEN_PICK, and so on but I did not find a solution that works stable.

David

JimBarrettSmith
14-Alexandrite

Hi

Just out of interest what is the goal of the mapkey?  Do you want to delete the locations, do you want to review and delete the locations or did you want to retain the locations?

I assume you are aware the using Ctrl+F you can search for all frozen locations.  You can then chose to offset the frozen location from a csys ensure the harness does not fail or lose its designed routing path

thanks, Jim

Jim,

help me, where can I search in Cabling for Frozen Locations in Binocular?

(What needs to be set up in Search tool )

But, sure I agree, search for the frozen and convert them to Offset to global Csys is the best way, my 5 cents.

Martin

Martin

I have attached a video showing all the steps.  Watch the message window very carefully as it provides all the prompts.  When i am prompted to select the locations i use CTRL+F and the search tool locates the frozen locations

thanks, Jim

Ahhh, the Key is Status, Regeneration, is equal to Frozen.

Fine, fine !!

thanks a lot, lessens learned, he he.

(The point to convert them and the other were clear)

Martin

Spiff
6-Contributor
(To:JimBarrettSmith)

Hi Jim,

I have a harness that is configured by macros and mapkeys. If a cable has been deleted out of the harness, there remain some frozen locations. I want to remove all the frozen locations automatically. My way is to export the model tree with displayed columns "feature ID" and "regeneration status" in it. This way I can filter the list in Excel down to frozen locations, get the IDs and let it create the mapkey. That works good.

Why am I not using the ctrl-f and search for all frozen locations? The answer is: I am using Creo 2. Try it: go to remove locations and hit ctrl-f. The search window lets you only choose one of the entry at a time (it says: "expected: 1"). There is no way to catch them all together. The only way this is possible is to select the loc points in the tree manually instead of using the search window. But this can't get automated. This is definitely something that should be changed (or has been changed in Creo 3?).

That's why I need to delete one loc point at a time.

And I don't know what's wrong with the mapkey not hitting the YES button...

David

lhoogeveen
17-Peridot

David,

I just ran into something similar with the old YES button in the Menu Mapper menus. It seems to be flaky. I was able to guess my way to a solution by finding a new command to click yes that I had in some of my other mapkeys. I'm using Creo 3 M060.

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `UI Message Dialog` `yes`;\

Hope that helps.

Luke

Top Tags