cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Mark Deprecated Script Marked a Replacement as NONE

MH_10366957
9-Granite

Mark Deprecated Script Marked a Replacement as NONE

When I ran the mark deprecated script from Creo 9 on my Creo 5 toolkit files, one of the suggestions I got was "Replace ProGtolDataGet with NONE." Is NONE a function? or is it telling me that it has no suggestion to replace this function with?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is no successor function as the workflow changed. While it was previously necessary to call ProGtolDataGet and then call other ProGtoldata*() functions to extract information from that Gtoldata, you can now use new functions to directly manipulate the ProGtol item.

Example for getting the type of a ProGtol:

ProGtol my_gtol; // lets pretend it's pointing to a valid item 
ProGtoltype type; // that's what we want to get

Old workflow

ProGtoldata data;
ProGtolDataGet(&my_gtol, &data);
ProGtoldataTypeGet(data, &type);
ProGtoldataFree(&data);

New workflow

ProGtolTypeGet(&my_gtol, &type);

So the replacement of ProGtolDataGet depends on what you're actually doing with the gtol. Use the new functions to achieve the same goal as before.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

There is no successor function as the workflow changed. While it was previously necessary to call ProGtolDataGet and then call other ProGtoldata*() functions to extract information from that Gtoldata, you can now use new functions to directly manipulate the ProGtol item.

Example for getting the type of a ProGtol:

ProGtol my_gtol; // lets pretend it's pointing to a valid item 
ProGtoltype type; // that's what we want to get

Old workflow

ProGtoldata data;
ProGtolDataGet(&my_gtol, &data);
ProGtoldataTypeGet(data, &type);
ProGtoldataFree(&data);

New workflow

ProGtolTypeGet(&my_gtol, &type);

So the replacement of ProGtolDataGet depends on what you're actually doing with the gtol. Use the new functions to achieve the same goal as before.

Ah, I see, thank you for the help

Top Tags