cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Mark Deprecated Script Marked a Replacement as NONE

MH_10366957
9-Granite

Mark Deprecated Script Marked a Replacement as NONE

When I ran the mark deprecated script from Creo 9 on my Creo 5 toolkit files, one of the suggestions I got was "Replace ProGtolDataGet with NONE." Is NONE a function? or is it telling me that it has no suggestion to replace this function with?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is no successor function as the workflow changed. While it was previously necessary to call ProGtolDataGet and then call other ProGtoldata*() functions to extract information from that Gtoldata, you can now use new functions to directly manipulate the ProGtol item.

Example for getting the type of a ProGtol:

ProGtol my_gtol; // lets pretend it's pointing to a valid item 
ProGtoltype type; // that's what we want to get

Old workflow

ProGtoldata data;
ProGtolDataGet(&my_gtol, &data);
ProGtoldataTypeGet(data, &type);
ProGtoldataFree(&data);

New workflow

ProGtolTypeGet(&my_gtol, &type);

So the replacement of ProGtolDataGet depends on what you're actually doing with the gtol. Use the new functions to achieve the same goal as before.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

There is no successor function as the workflow changed. While it was previously necessary to call ProGtolDataGet and then call other ProGtoldata*() functions to extract information from that Gtoldata, you can now use new functions to directly manipulate the ProGtol item.

Example for getting the type of a ProGtol:

ProGtol my_gtol; // lets pretend it's pointing to a valid item 
ProGtoltype type; // that's what we want to get

Old workflow

ProGtoldata data;
ProGtolDataGet(&my_gtol, &data);
ProGtoldataTypeGet(data, &type);
ProGtoldataFree(&data);

New workflow

ProGtolTypeGet(&my_gtol, &type);

So the replacement of ProGtolDataGet depends on what you're actually doing with the gtol. Use the new functions to achieve the same goal as before.

Ah, I see, thank you for the help

Announcements

Top Tags