cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error

ptc-4167322
1-Newbie

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error

Hi, does anyone have any idea what is going wrong with my downloaded version of CREO Elements/Direct Modeling Express 4.0? I have used it problem-free for several months on my Dell Inspiron 15R Windows 7 64-bit but just a day or so ago it started producing the following error message in a Window's message box;

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program: C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo El...

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

The window provides an OK button which is the only choice. Clicking on the button causes Creo Elements/DME 4.0 to close down. I have no idea what is causing this. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing several times in combination with using Windows System Tools such as cleaning up the registry, etc. but it still produces this error message.

I would appreciate it if anyone had any idea what is causing this problem and how to fix it.

Thanks,

Stephen.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Stephen,

Have you and answer to your question. If Yes, please send to me as I am having the same problem. pjsetfree@aol.com. Thanks. If I find an answer I will also post.

Paul

Hello!

Did you have some "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable" package on your computer installed? Here is a "Microsoft Download Center" page: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/search.aspx?q=Microsoft%20Visual%20C%2B%2B%20

Top Tags