cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Missing configuration options

imorgan2019
5-Regular Member

Missing configuration options

Hello all.

I've enountered an issue with some GD&T symbols not exporting to pdf, there is a fix in the archive (https://community.ptc.com/t5/Detailing-MBD-MBE/Missing-GD-T-on-PDF-from-drawing-export/td-p/280431/page/3) but my version of creo doesn't seem to have the configuration file "intf2d_out_pdf_stroke_non_ttf" to correct it. Anyone had this issue?

The version of creo parametric I'm running is: Release 4.0, M010.

7 REPLIES 7

According to my list of options that one is hidden. From what I understand this means you can use it, but there is a possibility that in future releases it will go away.

One might ask, where did I get the list of options? Long ago there was a discussion about it:

Options List Discussion

I've used this list to configure my editor (Emacs) so when I edit my config.pro, the color used for the option name reflects whether it is hidden or not.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:KenFarley)

Check out this site. Olaf has listed all config.pro options in a file and marked those that are hidden.

http://www.proesite.com/

On the home page, click on the red text for Creo 5.0.0.0 settings.

imorgan2019
5-Regular Member
(To:KenFarley)

According to the list in that link, the option I'm looking for doesn't exist, unless it was renamed. Does anyone know if it was renamed in an update?

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:imorgan2019)

You should be able to stroke all fonts and get the output you want.  The only benefit of this option is to use TrueType for some things and stroke other.

imorgan2019
5-Regular Member
(To:TomU)

I can but then I get a horrible “bold” effect on all dimensions and notes in exported documents... not a good look on a complicated drawing.

dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:imorgan2019)

We've had similar issues with both GD&T text and symbol text not exporting to the PDF files on some drawings.

Our work around was to take any symbol on the drawing (usually the 3rd angle projection symbol because it's on all our drawings), copy the symbol outside of the format boundary, and explode the symbol into entities.

Creating the PDF again results in all the text showing as expected. 

We've tried deleting the exploded symbol entities, but the PDF will revert back to missing the GD&T & symbol text.

Regards,

Dan N.

imorgan2019
5-Regular Member
(To:dnordin)

How on earth was this not picked up during software testing? and more astonishingly not fixed once it showed up as a clear issue! Judging by the dates on forum posts it’s been a known fault for two years.

How can you have a CAD program that can’t export drawings correctly and needs ridiculous workarounds to make functional. Extremely poor showing on PTC’s part, not impressed.

Top Tags