cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Model Tree Note

MDrake
6-Contributor

Model Tree Note

Hello,

I am looking to add a note to the model tree so that I can convey information to other people.

I am looking for something that I can either click on and have pop up or hover my mouse over.

Is there anything like this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mcestnik
13-Aquamarine
(To:MDrake)

You have to add Note - first line to Tree columns.

Picture attached.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dnordin
15-Moonstone

MDrake,

Since you posted this in the Customization area, can I assume your question is regarding whether someone has already created a customization to do what you've asked, or are you looking for any suggestions?

You can always just create a note called "READ_ME_FIRST", or whatever name is appropriate, which will show in the annotations sections of the model tree or as part of the feature. You can create the note as a model, component, or feature note. You can display the first line of the note in the model tree.

When you add an URL to a note you can add a small pop up "screen tip" message that will display when the user mouses over the note in the graphics area. Unfortunately, the pop up doesn't work when the user mouses over the note in the model tree.

I believe there have already been requests to allow "comments" in the model tree which is similar to what you're requesting.

Regards,

Dan N.

MDrake
6-Contributor
(To:dnordin)

Thanks! how do you display the first line of the note?

mcestnik
13-Aquamarine

You have to add Note - first line to Tree columns.

Picture attached.

MDrake
6-Contributor
(To:mcestnik)

That's what I was looking for thank you!

Top Tags