cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Modifying symbol instance, and drawing regeneration

jasonlechak
4-Participant

Modifying symbol instance, and drawing regeneration

Hi everyone.

In our application, we have pairs of symbols that are linked. Usually each symbol partner is on a separate sheet.

For example, symbol : zone_symbol_0_1 is on sheet 1, and zone_symbol_0_2 is on sheet 2. The vartext of each symbol contains the sheet number and grid coordinates of its partner. So, the vartext of zone_symbol_0_1 can be for example: 2 / 3G, and the vartext of zone_symbol_0_2 can be: 1 / 8A. 

On occasion, the user will move one of the symbols. When this happens, the zone symbol vartexts need to be updated, and the drawing refreshed. 

It appears that, in order for the symbol to be refreshed, we have to switch to the sheet on which the symbol  resides, and regenerate the sheet. We are doing this in the code now. But, is it possible to loop through all the sheets, and regenerate each sheet, without setting each sheet as the current sheet? If we have say, 30 sheets, then the user will see Creo display each sheet one at a time, do a refresh, then switch to the next sheet. That is a lot of 'blinking' as the sheets change. So far I have not found a solution. 

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Jason

2 REPLIES 2

Seems there is no option to avoid this. But I could thought of a weird work around if it works. Try doing ProMdlSave() and it would regenerate sheets in backend (not tested this option...!) if save of model is allowed

Thank you Ketan.

I will give that a try.

Top Tags