cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

No function in Toolkit to create commonspace folders in PDMLink or is there any hidden API

shivsconce
1-Newbie

No function in Toolkit to create commonspace folders in PDMLink or is there any hidden API

Hi Pro/Toolkit developers,

Can anyone tell me why there is no particular function to create commonspace folder in Windchill PDMLink.There are only functions to set default location like ProServerTargetfolderSet, ProServercheckinoptsLocationAdd, ProServercheckinoptsDeflocationSet. There are functions to add and remove workspace but why there is no function to add or delete commonspace folders.

Or Are there any hidden APIs to add or delete commonspace folders.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

The commonspace things are not in the Pro/E // Creo API. I think there are in the Windchill API and you need to use this to create or delete things in commonspace. The Pro/E API only do things you can do directly with Pro/E and the workspace is Pro/E related stuff. Everything on the Serversite is Windchill controled.

Best regards,

Eike

Thanks eike for the insight on the API.But Even Check-in is server side operation,I think PTC should have bundled even commonspace things in Pro/Toolkit.

Regards

Shivkumar

In Reply to Eike Petersen:

The commonspace things are not in the Pro/E // Creo API. I think there are in the Windchill API and you need to use this to create or delete things in commonspace. The Pro/E API only do things you can do directly with Pro/E and the workspace is Pro/E related stuff. Everything on the Serversite is Windchill controled.

Best regards,

Eike

I think you're right. Often Checkin and checkout are serverside operations, but in this case you have the possibility in Pro/E to checkin and checkout. So the server communication side is build in Pro/E and you can use it. I think the buttons for die Pro/E Side are at File -> Checkout // Checkin or so. I don't have connected a pdm system at the moment so i can't look for the right way to find these buttons.

It would be fine if there would be an easy way to program things in toolkit with more windchill support. But ATM it is not possible as far as i know. Except you use the Windchill API.

Best regards,

Eike

Top Tags