cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Null Reference Pointer at IpfcComponentFeat.SetConstraints()

BD_9799497
4-Participant

Null Reference Pointer at IpfcComponentFeat.SetConstraints()

Hi All,

I have written an application for Creo Parametric 4.0 M150 that utilizes the free VB API. Everything works fine on my computer with a bare install. However, when I deploy to someone who is using 3DExperience Enovia, I get an error at a very specific command – IpfcComponentFeat.SetConstraints(). The error is:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800706F4): A null reference pointer was passed to the stub.

I am indeed passing a null value, but per the documentation:

The method IpfcComponentFeat.SetConstraints() allows you to set the constraints for a specified assembly component. The input parameters for this method are:

Constraints—Constraints for the assembly component. These constraints are explained in detail in the later sections.

ReferenceAssembly—The path to the owner assembly, if the constraints have external references to other members of the top level assembly. If the constraints are applied only to the assembly component then the value of this parameter should be null.

Again, this works on my computer, but appears to fail on computers with this 3rd party add-in. Any ideas on what is going on here?

Note: I’ve remotely debugged on the end users’ computers and everything appears as it should – it just fails at this command (so far at least). Other pfcls API commands work fine. Also, my config files match the end user. I just don’t have the Enovia add-in (which I’m working on getting in the meantime).

If there is any additional information that I can provide that would be helpful, then please let me know and I will do my best to provide it.

Any and all help greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BD_9799497
4-Participant
(To:BD_9799497)

The root of this issue is still unknown, but this issue did resolve after the end user re-installed Creo. I'll report back if I find anything else out moving forward...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

Read this article - "Exception "System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS305168 

BD_9799497
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

Thank you for the prompt response!

Are you suggesting that C# is the problem here (and that re-writing in Visual Basic would resolve this issue)?

EDIT: Or that the issue is that Creo Parametric only allows for one active connection with any asynchronous application at a time?

BD_9799497
4-Participant
(To:BD_9799497)

The root of this issue is still unknown, but this issue did resolve after the end user re-installed Creo. I'll report back if I find anything else out moving forward...

Top Tags