Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO_E_CRV_IP_REF1 element for curve type feature creation using toolkit

SOLVED
Highlighted
Tanzanite

PRO_E_CRV_IP_REF1 element for curve type feature creation using toolkit

Hi

I am trying to create intersect feature using toolkit. This feature is created manually using datum plane and surfaces of extrude feature.

What I need to do for toolkit is to create feature of type PRO_FEAT_CURVE using in header file PRODTMCRV. Type should be Feature - Intersect Curve defined as PRO_CURVE_TYPE_INTSRF. While adding surfaces, I thought to have PRO_CURVE_TYPE_INTSRF as multiple selections of surfaces.

In case of single surface, I could have used API ProElementReferenceSet(), but what need to be done in case of multiple surfaces to be passed as value to this element.

I have used below code to set multiple surfaces into element called "PRO_E_CRV_IP_REF1 " , but it is not working properly.

ProElement objElementSrfCollection;

status = ProElementAlloc(PRO_E_STD_SURF_COLLECTION_APPL, &objElementSrfCollection);

ProCollection objSrfCollection;

status = ProSrfcollectionAlloc(&objSrfCollection);

ProSrfcollinstr objSurfCollectInstruction;

status = ProSrfcollinstrAlloc(PRO_SURFCOLL_SINGLE_SURF, PRO_B_TRUE, &objSurfCollectInstruction);

status = ProSrfcollinstrIncludeSet(objSurfCollectInstruction, PRO_B_TRUE);

for (int i = 0; i < vectReferenceOfSurfaces.size(); ++i)

{

ProSrfcollref objSurfCollectRef;

status = ProSrfcollrefAlloc(PRO_SURFCOLL_REF_SINGLE, vectReferenceOfSurfaces[i], &objSurfCollectRef);

status = ProSrfcollinstrReferenceAdd(objSurfCollectInstruction, objSurfCollectRef);

}

status = ProSrfcollectionInstructionAdd(objSrfCollection, objSurfCollectInstruction);

status = ProElementCollectionSet(objElementSrfCollection, objSrfCollection);

ProElement objElementIPRef1;

status = ProElementAlloc(PRO_E_CRV_IP_REF1, &objElementIPRef1);

status = ProElemtreeElementAdd(objElement_IPCompRef1, NULL, objElementIPRef1);

status = ProElemtreeElementAdd(objElementIPRef1, NULL, objElementSrfCollection);

Note: vectReferenceOfSurfaces is vector of ProReference for all required surfaces.

Any thought would be of great help.

Regards

Ketan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: PRO_E_CRV_IP_REF1 element for curve type feature creation using toolkit

You wrote: PRO_VALUE_TYPE_SELECTION (value_data.v.r = Reference) this seems old style of API to update element values.

Yes, but even if you use the new API, the result is the same.

You wrote: I am using API proelementrefenceset()

There is also a call to ProElementReferencesSet() !!! (This is Plural not singular ) Smiley Wink

Now it depends on IsMultival what you can use, if yes you can use ProElementReferencesSet() if number > 0 else you should use ProElementReferenceSet()

18 REPLIES 18

Based on your modeling posts regarding the creation of intersection curves I am responding here. I am not a Toolkit expert.

If this Toolkit code is in the context of intersecting all solid surfaces of a model with a plane then I would suggest  looking for the function call that will select solid surfaces as an input to the intersection call. If there is not a call to select all solid surfaces then you may have to create a copy of solid surfs as I have shown in your other modeling thread.

Hi

I am considering all surfaces of solid (I extrude) and datum plane... Hope this would not ask me to do copy paste... Manually also I have selected all surfaces with datum.

If Toolkit has the function to select solid surfs it should simplify the code for selection. See the pic below which shows how to select the solid geom which includes all surfaces of the geom pick in the graphics window.

SG Ref Pick.jpgSelection of slid surfaces for intersect feature

I am not allowing user to select surfaces... Through code only , I am considering one specific feature and gathering all surfaces of that feature...

I am not facing issue to select surfaces or consider surfaces...I am facing issue to set those surfaces within internal elements of element tree for intersect feature using toolkit.

I would create the feature, and dump the result. Maybe the surface are stored in an array.

Hi

I have already exported element tree for a manually created feature. It is attached for your reference.

I could not get whether it's there in form of array or collection from extracted tree. Also for element tree, how to set up array elements. I could find and aware about only collection and section i.e. special value as value for element.

Share the model 0000000111.prt, is SurfID 102 the selected Datum?

Hi

Attached is part for your reference.