cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Pro/WebLink & Annotations

JenG
1-Newbie

Pro/WebLink & Annotations

I am trying to extract Annotations/Notes from Models in EP5.0 to use in the Pro/WebLink program that I am creating. Any suggestions on commands to get them??? I haven't found much documentaiton on this, no examples, and haven't been able to get "GetText()" or "Note.Lines" to work.

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Jen...

I'm in the same boat. I'm working on Weblink stuff now. As soon as I understand it all, I think someone needs to put out a really destailed tutorial to get people up and running.

They need to put out a "Hello World" type tutorial to get people started. Regrettfully I am just not at that level yet so I cannot help. I feel your pain... and I wish you the best of luck. Programming topics such as J-Link, WebLink, and Toolkit are very, very scarce. I think anyone who understands them is off making money selling those skills!

Sorry I couldn't help with this one... but I continue to hope someone with experience and the desire to share it will step up and fill the void!

Thanks!

-Brian

jnezu
1-Newbie
(To:JenG)

Hello Jen

Do you still try to solve this problem?

To extract Annotations, you can use pfcModelItemOwner.listItems(pfcCreate("pfcModelItemType").ITEM_NOTE)

like this

var session=pfcCreate("MpfcCOMGlobal").GetProESession();

var model=session.currentModel;

var notes=model.listItems(pfcCreate("pfcModelItemType").ITEM_NOTE);

for(var i=0;i<notes.count;i++)

{

var note=notes.item(i);

var lines=note.Lines;

for(var j=0;j<lines.count;j++)

{

var line=lines.item(j);

alert(line);