cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Problem exporting DXF causes Importing file as a picture. Why?

RD_10904619
3-Visitor

Problem exporting DXF causes Importing file as a picture. Why?

Hello all,

I am a fairly new user to Creo, so bare with me with some of the terminology, but I am having an issue with exporting a 2D sketch in Creo. When I export the file (shown in the pictures attached) and import it back into Creo the file shows up blank with only a picture of the DXF file that I was trying to make. I have tried importing the DXF on SolidWorks as well and this also results to the same issue. Does anyone know why this happening? Thank you in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JB_87049
15-Moonstone
(To:RD_10904619)

I don't know how you have done the export or import.
I have created a video to show you one way of how it can be done.
There is an option to exclude the paper rectangle in the export but I don't remember at the moment how that was done again.

You can watch the video <here>

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JB_87049
15-Moonstone
(To:RD_10904619)

I don't know how you have done the export or import.
I have created a video to show you one way of how it can be done.
There is an option to exclude the paper rectangle in the export but I don't remember at the moment how that was done again.

You can watch the video <here>

JB_87049
15-Moonstone
(To:JB_87049)

The paper outline (rectangle) can be excluded by following this procedure.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS324575 

Thanks for your help @JB_87049! While watching your video, I see that you exported your DXF file differently than how I was doing it. Placing the file into a drawing>save as> "Export" did the trick as shown in your video at minute 1:50, then clicking on "DXF". Originally I was doing a save as in the part file and changing the file type to DXF. For some reason the default option on my computer was making a PDF inside the DXF (which probably explains the picture that I was getting when importing the file back into Creo. Thank you for your time and appreciate the assist!

Announcements

Top Tags